Sign in to follow this  

Forgive my stupidity but I just thought I'd ask because Rocket IS a member of Bohemia interactive...Can we expect to see Dayz on Arma 3?

Moreover, what of the physics engine changes coming in Arma 3.

Could it possibly be true that we shall actually see decent interior combat in the Arma series for the first time ever? Will zombies have to come through the doors from now on?

I'm just asking because if the Arma engine could be made to support decent combat WITHIN structures I seriously wouldn't play any other game. As it is, building geometry is...well...terrible. No offence to Bohemia interactive. They've still made a HELL of a game. ;)

Rocket has said it shouldn't be difficult to port it over to ARMA 3.

In terms of the engine, I think that isn't something he would be at liberty to discuss.

I think what we all want to know is there is a possibility of there being an ARMA 3 DLC :)

I think what we all want to know is there is a possibility of there being an ARMA 3 DLC

I would be willing to pay for Arma 3 and then drop another 30 squid on a Dayz DLC, provided it was "polished" by a larger development team...Rocket supervising obviously.

From what I understand, this mod takes 5 minutes to port over to Arma 3.

The obvious and huge difference between Arma 2 and Arma 3 is that on Limnos, every single building is able to be utilized. You can walk into all of them.

Plus, the AO of Limnos is 4 times the size of Chernarus.

Imagine that. DayZ on Arma 3 is going to be nuts.

From what I understand' date=' this mod takes 5 minutes to port over to Arma 3.

The obvious and huge difference between Arma 2 and Arma 3 is that on Limnos, every single building is able to be utilized. You can walk into all of them.

[/quote']

Limnos vs. Chernarus (currently Arma's largest map):

limnosvschern.png

From what I understand' date=' this mod takes 5 minutes to port over to Arma 3.

[/quote']

Limnos vs. Chernarus (currently Arma's largest map):

limnosvschern.png

Word. So it's not 4 times bigger....but it is bigger nonetheless.

Still pretty awesome.

That can actually work for 50 players...just spread the spawns around the edge of the island and you will still get your random inland encounters

That can actually work for 50 players...just spread the spawns around the edge of the island and you will still get your random inland encounters

However, that makes it difficult for friends that already know each other to group up. If I wanted to play with a friend and we spawned on 2 complete opposite sides of the map it would be very annoying meeting up.

So? Part of the game.

Yea true. I guess it just gives us more incentive to find a vehicle :D

just give people quartiles they may select to spawn in, ie ne nw se sw... if your in the same quarter of the map it wont be too much of a ballache to meet up, with blood transfusions, epi pens and unpredictable z's and players teamplay is encouraged.

at the moment all people do is respawn till you spawn where you want to be

Be nice if the servers were 100 slot to make up for the increased map size.

I'm sure that will become pretty much standard eventually.

What I'm more interested in is the physics and collision models. You can go and hang all your updated graphics, new places to go etc etc. There's been altogether too much focus on more things to look at and prettier graphics in PC gaming the last 10 years. The only thing that really matters is the gameplay. Look at the total war series. AMAZING graphical improvement when you compare Empire total war to Rome total war but can you actually get your dudes in a line, on a city wall, facing the enemy when you want them too? Well, yeah, about 1 time in 6. The screwy formation mechanics haven't been fixed in like 5 iterations of the same series. They're too busy looking for the "Buttt MOM! In empire total war I can watch my dudes bayonetting people and it's Kewwwwlll you gotta buy me it im so seriouslyyy!!!" angle

I ask you; Has Dayz actually ADDED any graphical improvements to Arma 2 to haul in this many players? No. Rocket realized that with some tweaking he could produce a hardcore zombie survival simulation that provides a TOTALLY different gameplay mechanic to most Arma 2 games. He improved gameplay (or at least diversified it) via a few tweeks, graphics have nothing to do with dayz popularity. Sadly I'm beginning to get the feel (from the demos I've seen on youtube) that Arma3 is just being marketed as a super-cool "photo-realisitc" shooter and other such pap designed to grip the dollar of the lowest common denominator. Why not show off it's modable engine, it's realistic firefights, it's freedom of movement? When I saw that bit in the tech demo about implementing an role-playing-game element I swear I actually face-palmed

If Arma 3 was just Arma 2 with a streamlined command system, context sensitive controls and halfway decent indoor combat I would pay another 30 quid for it. If Arma 3 is just Arma 2 with nicer graphics then the ONLY reason I'm buying it is to keep up with the modding community. I'd be buying it just so I can get the latest dayz and ACE upgrades. I quite honestly don't care about the new island or the improved graphics. If Bohemia concentrated on developing realistic, intuitive gameplay as much as...whatever their names are...concentrated on developing tacticool, twitchy, dreck for their next modern warfare I honestly think they'd do better. But the marketing people want something impressive they can slap people with "HEY! LOOK AT THESE GRAPHICS. GIVE MY GAME FREE ADVERTISING BECAUSE THE SHOTS LOOK GOOD ON YOUR WEBSITE. I CAN'T BRAG ABOUT THE SUBTLETIES OF THIS AWESOME GAME BECAUSE THE ADVERT HAS TO HAVE A BYLINE OF SEVEN WORDS OR LESS. I DON'T REALLY CARE IF THE GAME DOES WELL IN THE LONG TERM BECAUSE INITIAL SALES PAY MY SALARY".

I think Stratis would be a better map to have DayZ on.

web_stratis_map_overview.jpg

Have all the maps. With each island requiring a boat.

Is that even possible?

I actually really like the look of Stratis. I can see that being used on smaller servers.

Definitely excited for the fully explorable buildings, and even larger map size. But 50 players would be waaay too low for such a map

Exactly why I ment Stratis, Limnos is simply too huge for 50 players. But who knows, we might see servers with 100+.