Sign in to follow this  
Sullen

Can't use side chat. It's dissapeared

I can't switch to side chat. All others type chats are avaliable, but side ch. is missing. What the? :-/

Same thing is happening to me but with the side channel... my global doesn't seem to be working for some reason either but I do have it.

With the new Beta Patch servers must opt-in to the global and side channels - the catch 22 of this is that in order to enable these channels the server owner must edit the ".pbo" but to do so they either need a developer to do it or the developers permission which is not easy to come by as they are typically busy.

I hope they can get someone on that to just go through and enable the two channels by default and then adjust anyone's server who do not want Side Channel or Global Channel enabled.

Will post again when I have some more information.

Summary - there is nothing you can do as a client to enable side-channel aside from downgrading to a previous version of the beta patch. I know for fact that 93160 has side channel enabled by default but I am not sure if there are any newer version of the beta-patch that enable it by default.