Sign in to follow this  
Chiller_360

Servers Closing??? GloVine gone???

This has happened numerous times but why? GloVine continues to update and reset and shut down its server, puttin in place something a bit more fancy every few days. This is a massive inconvience to survivors like myself and my mates who have set up base and have to start over again due to reset. Could someone please explain why this is.

I feel your pain, i also have my base set up on the glovine public server..and have been waiting for the last 4 hours for it to reopen so i can get items trade with someone else on this forum.every now and then the server would seem to go down for 10-30 min but its been offline for nearly 4 hours..

Honestly im going to try and move my base to another server as not only dose the server randomly go down..but 50% of the time when it goes down unannounced it dose not save your progress and you lose everything you done since your last login.

The admins seem nice and i like the locked 3rdP and sidechat...but currently it dose not seem like a stable server to have a camp on..

Also curious what you mean by "puttin in place something a bit more fancy every few days" iv only noticed the server name change and thats its(iv also have 3 tents on the server for nearly 3 weeks now that are still there and untouched)

I understand all that, but getting to attached to your gear is a recipe for disappointment. Servers come and go all the time without notice.

Good news !!

Glovine server is up and running. To join all you need do is join our Teamspeak (ts.GloGaming.com.au:9995) look for another player in game to retrieve the password and a quick briefing on our rules.

Passwording it has stopped hackers joining and the database is stored on the public hive. So come on over and join the fun without the grief.

Good news !!

Glovine server is up and running. To join all you need do is join our Teamspeak (ts.GloGaming.com.au:9995) look for another player in game to retrieve the password and a quick briefing on our rules.

Passwording it has stopped hackers joining and the database is stored on the public hive. So come on over and join the fun without the grief.

You can't password protect public hive servers.........................

you cant hack public servers either but people do. To the point where its pointless trying to run one unpassworded.

you cant hack public servers either but people do. To the point where its pointless trying to run one unpassworded.

You won't be able to run one at all when it gets black listed........

And before you say anything, no. I will not report you, because I know exactly what you are going through with hackers - but somebody will report the server, you can guarantee that....................

and if they black list our server we will go back to private hive as well. no big deal.

Take a look at the servers online now. nearly all are private hives simply because the hacking is out of control. We've found a way to make it a public hive which anyone is able to join as long as they go through the hoops.

and if they black list our server we will go back to private hive as well. no big deal.

Take a look at the servers online now. nearly all are private hives simply because the hacking is out of control. We've found a way to make it a public hive which anyone is able to join as long as they go through the hoops.

Honestly man, more power to ya. It's really messed up that the rule about not passwording public servers at this point simply ensures that script kiddies will be on the server. Being able to hop to another server is one is down is nice and all but 95% of the time you end up staying on the same server anyway.

It would be nice if a number of private hives got together and shared a DB, and honestly if that happened I could care less what happened to the script kiddie .. I mean public hive.

Don't think I'm dissing you mate, because I am not, I have a public hive running which is one of the top servers in the UK, but it's a PITA to look after due to the hackers, I have a Private hive running which us where I play all the time noiw.

All I'm saying is somebody WILL report your server as it's running against the rules for Public hive - you only have to piss off one player and they will report you.

Best of luck though (and I mean that sincerely :) )

I had gone through the post. A dedicated server represents a physical machine available to a single user. When a dedicated server hosting provider offers a server, the server is often not assembled at the time of the purchase. Selection of operating system is one of the important task in server set up process. I was facing some problems with my server. Could any one please produce some attachment links regarding the solution for this? Thanks in advance.

Know about PPC Marketing

pay per click optimization Professionals