Sign in to follow this  
Desertrobot

Why does Dayz run so badly on my computer?

I have a fairly decent laptop, Nvidia 610m 2gb, Intel i7 Quad core, and 4 gigs of RAM, but I can barely run DayZ on my computer at a good framerate.

In order for me to get higher than 20 fps I need to put it at low, which makes the game look really bad, and even then it still lags.

I have tried all the tricks in the book to increase my fps, but no luck,

Any help I can get? Thanks

• Like 1

Well you know what they say about laptops:"Not intended to play" laptopp graphics cars will never have power of desktop counterparts.

I have a fairly decent laptop, Nvidia 610m 2gb, Intel i7 Quad core, and 4 gigs of RAM, but I can barely run DayZ on my computer at a good framerate.

In order for me to get higher than 20 fps I need to put it at low, which makes the game look really bad, and even then it still lags.

welp, you have a laptop for one.

I play on an Asus g75 vw and it outperforms most of my desktop weilding friends.

You say you've tried all the tricks in the book, but what exactly have you tried? :D Maybe you're reading the wrong book :P If you let us know what you have tried maybe we know something else you can try? But tbh, if you've turned all the settings to lowest and it still lags I dont really think any of the little tricks for increasing FPS will make any difference. BUT, Im thinking you really should be able to play it with a decent framerate on lowest settings. I had an old shitty laptop with a ATI Radeon 4500 and a much weaker CPU than you and I could run the game on lowest settings with 20FPS, which is shit, was horrible to play, but with a much better system you should be able to do better.

When you say you tried settings at low, do you mean everything on lowest?

I play on an Asus g75 vw and it outperforms most of my desktop weilding friends.

Maybe it does, but for the price you paid for it you could have gotten a MUCH better desktop. For half the price you paid for that, I could build a desktop that would blow it away.

Edited by Rooneye

I got the Asus G74 SX and I run on high detail at 30FPS. I have no idea what's up with your computer.

Maybe it does, but for the price you paid for it you could have gotten a MUCH better desktop. For half the price you paid for that, I could build a desktop that would blow it away.

I know.. - I didn't think I would get back into gaming so much... then DayZ came out.

It's weird, I can run other games like Black ops that are MUCH more graphics intensive in around high settings at 60 fps. Yet Dayz lags on me. Who knows, it might be a problem with the way my quad core processor is configured. I really have no idea why it runs so badly.

server you play on could be badly run or busy which effects performance

busy servers need to be rebooted every 3 - 4 hrs cause the threads fill upo and your fps plummets.

for eg busy server i play on i play on max settings at reboot of server just starting i avg 60-65 fps after 3-4 hrs on same server 30-35 fps once the zombies dead bodies and players bodies start piling up.

the game is pretty badly designed that way.

also as others have said your on laptop with not a very powerful gpu

But it's an i7 QUAD CORE, it IS a very powerful processor, and from what CanYouRunIt.com told me, I should be able to run it at the highest graphics at about 60 fps.

Black Ops and COD games in general arent more system resource heavy than DayZ is, my old laptop also could play COD a lot better than DayZ. COD is small compared to the Arma terrain, there's a lot more going on calculation wise, and of course the Zombies which are the number 1 reason for poor performance on DayZ.

But yeah, this is a puzzling one for me, you SHOULD be able to run it with those specs for sure.

Seems to me like there maybe something wrong somewhere with the hardware or something, what are your temps running at? Maybe the GPU/CPU is overheating or something which will effect performance.

Edited by Rooneye

My laptop runs incredibly cool and quiet, even when struggling with a game. I don't exactly know why it runs so bad, maybe it's the RAM?