Sign in to follow this  
dizzle229

Spawning at night, and other problems.

Hey guys. I just got DayZ and from the vids I've seen, it can be awesome. However, I haven't gotten to see for myself, because I haven't been able to PLAY the game, because I always seem to spawn at night. I can't see a thing.

When I do manage to find a daylight server, which seem to be in the minority, I get the "no message received" error after about 10 minutes of play. I'm actually amazed that I haven't heard anyone comment of how difficult it is to find a game.

Last and probably least, weapons seem pretty difficult to find, so if a single zombie sees me, I'm screwed.

Anything I can do to solve these problems?

• Like 1

install dayz cmder..

it will seriously improve ur dayz experience singlehandedly..

as for finding weapons, well it part of the learning curve.. cherish these early days of fumbling around, cuz pretty soon you'll know exactly were to go, and what do do/not do..

then you'll look back and remember those days of fumbling around and laff..

• Like 2

Use Dayz Commander to find an all day server. If your really having a hard time finding weapons Google up a map but be warned it's a huge spoiler.

Well if you go on a normal none 24/7 day server the time of the server will be close to the time you are playing so keep that in mind. But i agree get commander if you can figure out 6launcher. Weapons, once you find them you never stop

Hey guys. I just got DayZ and from the vids I've seen, it can be awesome. However, I haven't gotten to see for myself, because I haven't been able to PLAY the game, because I always seem to spawn at night. I can't see a thing.

When I do manage to find a daylight server, which seem to be in the minority, I get the "no message received" error after about 10 minutes of play. I'm actually amazed that I haven't heard anyone comment of how difficult it is to find a game.

Last and probably least, weapons seem pretty difficult to find, so if a single zombie sees me, I'm screwed.

Anything I can do to solve these problems?

Like others have said, definitely get DayZ Commander. You can see the time the server is running and you can also filter it so that only day time servers show. Also make sure to select a low Ping server. This should stop the no message received thing (if not there might be a problem with your connection which you should get sorted).

And about Zombies, you'll soon realize how easy they are to lose :D Run into a building, round a corner or whatever and go prone. You can also duck into a bush and crouch, this way the zombies cant attack you at all, even if they see you and swing their arms as if attacking you, they wont hit you and after a minute or so they'll just forget about you and wander off. Personally I dont do this, I see it as a bit of an exploit, but if it will make the game more fun for you then go ahead at least till you learn the game etc.

Edited by Rooneye

Go to video options, HDR, and increase it. You'll increase the dynamic range of the display engine.

AC

Don't forget you start with a flashlight. It is easy to spot from a distance so take care how you use it.