Sign in to follow this  
Castle (DayZ)

Man someone took the FAL with no ammo from our tents

And threw our backup alice pack on the ground to let it despawn (I saved it, but we weren't fast enough to see the dude).

What a jerk.

It happens, the good news is that you can now say this:

I saw a man grab my FAL, and when he took my ALICE, HE THREW IT ON THE GROUND!

He should have traded / communicated. Always better to have a loot asset than not.

We don't have global chat in our server. He also took our M16A4 ACOG leaving a regular old M4A1 in its place. But we had plenty of stanag, he probably already had stanag, and unlike FAL ammo it's actually possible to find stanag without finding the gun.

We act like jerks if and when we come across loot tents. We take what need and want, clean the tents of stuff and dump it into the ground and leave it there to despawn. After this we stockpile the tents full of wood before leaving. Kinda shame that you cannot leave a note or anything to the poor tent owner :(

We act like jerks if and when we come across loot tents. We take what need and want' date=' clean the tents of stuff and dump it into the ground and leave it there to despawn. After this we stockpile the tents full of wood before leaving. Kinda shame that you cannot leave a note or anything to the poor tent owner :(

[/quote']

That is a lot of time just to make someone unhappy.

I got killed in a firefight up by NE airfield once. respawned in Solnichniy ran back up, somehow missed the airfield and got lost off the map when suddenly found 19 tents past a forrest, assuming it was the guys who killed me I stole anything good and threw everything else on the ground. Took sometime but I got sweet revenge.

He should have traded / communicated. Always better to have a loot asset than not.

We don't have global chat in our server. He also took our M16A4 ACOG leaving a regular old M4A1 in its place. But we had plenty of stanag' date=' he probably already had stanag, and unlike FAL ammo it's actually possible to find stanag without finding the gun.

[/quote']

Ah, a shame then. As for the Alice, me might have just derped in trying to take it if there was still stuff in the tents.

When I see a tent somewhere with good equipment, I take the stuff and I throw out what I can't take, tents are mostly used by server jumpers so it's a good thing when you do that....

When I see a tent somewhere with good equipment' date=' I take the stuff and I throw out what I can't take, tents are mostly used by server jumpers so it's a good thing when you do that....

[/quote']

Tents tie you to a server.

What about them makes you a server hopper?

why?

so you find tent, you loot it dry. expected. i even lol'd at filling someones tent with wood, pointless, time consuming but nevertheless funny. I dont expect said person to attempt to save their stuff.

But why would u empty someones tent so the loot despawns.

'hey look a house of cards, cool, lets kick it over'. If it realism you want the items would never 'despawn' so why abuse a game limitation just to be an ass?

To get back at a supposed bandit that killed you? unless you followed them to the camp u have no idea whos it is.

personally i just keep raiding the tents until i cant take anymore stuff of

value.

why are tents mostly used by server jumpers ? doesnt that defeat the point of using a tent?? you cant take it between servers? am i missing something?