Sign in to follow this  
Colten (DayZ)

My best story...

Last night I was laying down by the road south of StarySobor. I decided to use side chat to lure somebody to me whom was close by, so I could snag some beans. A player declared that he had a bus filled with goods, and that he would come and give me morphine. Ten minutes later, I hear the rumbling of the bus over the.crest of the hill..In a hurry, I set the zeroing of my M107 and acquired a good target. I shot him out of the bus, and took an AS50 from the bus, NVGs, a GPS, and an L85.. and a ghillie suit. This was on US 845. This has to be the most lucrative heist that I have ever been involved with... however, I did not take the bus, as it would have attracted way too much attention (I prefer to stay hidden and stealthy).

What's your best story?

Edited by Colten

Before anyone calls you a dick for being a Bandit, and saying it requires nothing.

"This isn't being a real bandit. But any form of bandits are ganged up on, on these forums. There's tons of Bandits out there that should be helping a fellow Bandit, but they don't as they just care about themselves. I'm personally not a bandit, and in the months I've played DayZ probably have had the skin 3-5 times.

But getting back to the point Banditry is always frowned upon no matter what.

-Sniping from a hill (Far)

-Killing random players you meet in a town (Close)

-Or using side chat like you did.

Now the "non-bandits" are like the jocks of these forums they're just going to gang up on you and make you hate yourself, but in the long run you'll probably out last them when you put the barrel of your gun to the back of their head.

And as I say this I still don't like the idea of being a Bandit, but I understand when I have to kill someone. But this is how it looks from a bystander on these forums, and it's not cool guys. Sure he kills your virtual character, yes you worked hours to get to where you were I've had it happen to me. But without Bandits, DayZ loses that look over your shoulder and anxiety feel. It's just be a bunch of AS50 Ghilles running around looting town to town until the server restarted, then you'd do the same thing over again. It'd get boring quickly."