Sign in to follow this  
Wolverine22

Extremely High Ping...

So my friend has his computer set up at my place, connected to the same internet/router, and while my ping is 40ish his fires up to 5000 then becomes unplayable. It's not his computer, it's not my internet, we can play Arma just fine online, it's this Mod, so what is the solution? I've done speed tests on his computer, says 40 ping, in lobby of DayzCommander the ping on the server we 'try' to play is 40, moment he joins it goes 5000, so please, WTF IS GOING WRONG?

• Like 1

What else do you have connected to the router thats running during this time period?

Edit: Is this wireless? both? or are you hardwired and he is not? visa versa, if he is hardwired have you check his cables for any deformities?

If he is wireless you can use a WLAN optimizer. In addition what are the firewall and NAT settings on your router you are running?

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

Nothing, just my PC, and there's nothing with mine either, my internet and everything is fine. Like I said, it's nothing to do with anything outside this Mod, it's something going wrong with the Dayz Mod or something associated with it. It's nothing to do with too much bandwidth strain because his ping goes from 40 in lobby to 5000 in-game when I'm not even playing. Makes no sense.

Edit: There both wired, I gave him my high speed ethernet cable and still no difference, you don't understand, it is nothing to do with internet, we play Arma on 40-60 ping fine, at the same time,

Edited by Wolverine22

Check my last edit for your NAT and Firewall settings for your router pm me I'll see if I can fix it for you via text that way we dont tie up a thread. I'm trying to figure out if the issue is on your LAN or ISP then move forward.

Cheers

Edited by Steak and Potatoes