assassin_ukg

Dayz Auto Run - [Application]

I'll try to mess around with it this evening and let you know. I do use the Steam overlay so I'll try disabling that and rebinding the "Run Forward" key to just "W". If it's working for everyone else then it's just a matter of tinkering with my setup to find the problem. I'll definitely report back when/if I figure it out. Thanks again!

No worries, i don't think its steam as most of my friends have the steam version with overlay i have gamefly version (was cheaper at the time lol).

If its not the other key binding then i honestly don't know but will like i said try my best to help you out :D, even if i end up making you a custom version :)

The program is legitimate. I just decomposed the .exe and skimmed through the code. Nothing there which seems malicious. Although I did not thoroughly look through.

With the links provided and the professionalism of the OP & program, as well as it being posted on the actual DayZ forums, I do doubt that this guy is out there to "Steal your account, rape your mum or make you coffee".

That's what I thought too... But my key was stolen. Not by this program but by one like it. I wouldn't risk it.

EDIT: After reading through most of the post it seems legit.

Edited by Skat3rat
  • Like 1

That's what I thought too... But my key was stolen. Not by this program but by one like it. I wouldn't risk it.

EDIT: After reading through most of the post it seems legit.

It is and i too had mine stolen so i know how it feels ... I tried the "Dayz navigator" (big mistake, first and last time cheating) once to see what all the fuss was about.. yea had to buy a new key (stolen by that app)

So i can symphoise with you guys and your reservations. Hence making it free and malware free. Plus i would not offer the source to rocket and his team if i had done anything like that. or posted here on the official forums.

I have a plethera of tools i use that work just fine, why would i download this?

- 1 penny and guitar pick combo

- a fork

- a bottle opener

- a pen cap

- a toothpick (placed just right)

I have a plethera of tools i use that work just fine, why would i download this?

- a fork

- a bottle opener

- a pen cap

You don't have to!

Also a lot of people have new equipment and don't want to just jam an item into their new kit (me included), Plus most newer laptops you cannot actually stick anything in between the keys because of their design.

Also i would not recommend anyone to jam random objects into their keyboards.

This issue was raised already in the thread had you bothered to actually read it. You can see the points raised a few pages back.

Great, i have been looking for this!

to bad it does not work :/ I can hear it activate but nothing happens.

Dam... your the second person out of hundreds who have already tried this to have this bug. But without any details about your set up i can't really fix, what i can't replicate.

If you have the time and would like to help me and the other with this problem out. Please could you provide a few details.

Details needed :

Version : Win 7/8, Vista, Xp

Aram2 version : Steam / Gamefly / Other

Antivirus : Avast/ avg , etc/

Whats processes you have running at the time.

Anything else you can think that may cause interference with the application.

Hopefully i can build up a picture and notice the difference from all your setups.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Assassin_UK1

oh how i hope rocket has this sorted for standalone

constant running and no auto run is quite dumb.

every other game i play has it where running like this is needed i cant believe it still isnt in the game already its a few minutes to fix yet nearly a year on its still not in game.

Ok guys, I have fixed the application.

Problem was : I had edited it so i could add a manual updater, then built the application for "any cpu" which "should" of let it run on 32bit and 64bit. Turns out it just stopped it working altogether.. So i have built it back for 32bit (which also works on 64bit) and all is working as intended again now.

To those who have it you can just click update!

Everyone else just needs to download from the first post.

Thanks again for everyone's help and support!

Sorry it has taken me a week to get back but I did get it working, just not consistently. It seems I need to hit W 3x at just the right pace for it to work.

However, I just updated and will try the new version this weekend to see if it works better for me. Thanks again!

Edited by walrus2517

You guys want to know the secret to auto running without some shoddy 3rd party app?

hold down "W" (run forward) and open steam overlay with its respective hotkey, then let go of "W" (run forward) while in overlay, and close overlay. The game will recognize the key as still being activated, and your character will continue to run. You can use this trick in any game you play, if you want to trick a key into being "on" without holding it down and aching your finger.

• Like 1

You guys want to know the secret to auto running without some shoddy 3rd party app?

hold down "W" (run forward) and open steam overlay with its respective hotkey, then let go of "W" (run forward) while in overlay, and close overlay. The game will recognize the key as still being activated, and your character will continue to run. You can use this trick in any game you play, if you want to trick a key into being "on" without holding it down and aching your finger.

Just to clarify I don't trick the key into being "on" as you put it, I send the exact same windows messages as your keyboard sends out to the application as it would normally receive them.

Thanks for the comment, Guess you can't please everyone.....

Just to clarify I don't trick the key into being "on" as you put it, I send the exact same windows messages as your keyboard sends out to the application as it would normally receive them.

Thanks for the comment, Guess you can't please everyone.....

Just seems redundant as hell, unless your not on steam.

All I do to autorun is just press CTRL + TAB to bring up the Steam Overlay while I hold W down. When I exit the overlay, it will autorun.

Dam... your the second person out of hundreds who have already tried this to have this bug. But without any details about your set up i can't really fix, what i can't replicate.

If you have the time and would like to help me and the other with this problem out. Please could you provide a few details.

Details needed :

Version : Win 7/8, Vista, Xp

Aram2 version : Steam / Gamefly / Other

Antivirus : Avast/ avg , etc/

Whats processes you have running at the time.

Anything else you can think that may cause interference with the application.

Hopefully i can build up a picture and notice the difference from all your setups.

Thanks in advance

Sure, i don't mind helping out for this awesome piece of software.

Version : Win 7

Aram2 version : Steam (startup with dayz commando)

Antivirus : Windows essentials

Running processes VLC Media player on my second screen so i can watch house MD while i am walking, Google chrome web browser i can check loot locations facebook enc, skype, steam, dayz commando, hamachi, poweriso, Cyborg RAT9 mouse profile application, dropbox.

I hope this helps!

Edited by Cryptex

- a fork

- a bottle opener

- a pen cap

That's all cool and all but i don't wish to be standing still while i Alt-tab. You can even get u killed. Plus don't want to damage my awesome keyboard.

it's an external app that automates keyboard input for a game. in most games this is forbidden. the step to auto-scavenge addons and aimbots is not that far away, by the way. i hope stuff like this will be detected / forbidden in the standalone. i don't care about the mod. but i don't think it's "ok", even if you could just "cram a penny into your keys". it's a survival simulator zombie game thing. if you don't want to run that far, don't do it. there won't be teleporters in the game for the same reason...

This app for me is for time management. I do other things while i run and i am sick of putting things between my keys. Plus if you claim that is should be forbidden since its 3th party, i would say checking the map for loot on your second monitor or random tablet should also be forbidden because "its not in-game".

It makes more sense to say that this app is for lazy people who don't care to get shot while they run in a straight line. Don't you see holding down a key has nothing to do with skill or something. I play this game for fun and holding down the W key for 3 min aint exactly fun to me. So why not make it a little easier on your self. The only benefit i get from this app is that i can do something else while my character runs. Hell other games have this automatically intergraded in to there system, so i think this actually pretty normal and is nothing unusual. That being said, i think there is no other game out here where i need to run so much as in dayz, so i makes more then enough sense to intergrade this. And i think its stupid people act all surprised and think this should be forbidden. Dayz lacks auto run therefor this app. Amen

Edited by Cryptex
  • Like 1

My god, I am in my 50's, and I just cant seem to get used to the way people treat each other due to lack of consequence. 90% of all the little trolling pricks, and 75% of all the "way out assholes" would never say the things they say on the internet, to ones face.

Good job on the app :thumbsup: , it is a great help to those of us that have joint issues. Lazzy.... pff, these same people have never had to buck hay, or load grain sack... Seriously, the younger generations these days worry the hell out of most common sense folks, and old geezers like my self.

• Like 1

If it's not a feature, it's an exploit. Also, running in a straight line is a bad idea on populated servers. If you are on a low populated server then you are missing the point of dayz. It's not meant to be single player.

Lol, you can go on a full server run in a straight line from the beach to the airfield and not meet anyone (not during the run and neither on the airfield).

Also huge exploit man instead of sitting there holding my W key I am now going to sit there not holding it.

My god, I am in my 50's, and I just cant seem to get used to the way people treat each other due to lack of consequence. 90% of all the little trolling pricks, and 75% of all the "way out assholes" would never say the things they say on the internet, to ones face.

Good job on the app :thumbsup: , it is a great help to those of us that have joint issues. Lazzy.... pff, these same people have never had to buck hay, or load grain sack... Seriously, the younger generations these days worry the hell out of most common sense folks, and old geezers like my self.

Thanks, It's comments like these that keep me developing for others, even if i only helped you it would of been job done for me, :P

Thanks for the kind words. And i agree with you totally...

• Like 1

Just seems redundant as hell, unless your not on steam.

I am but got it from Gamefly at the time. Wish i never now.. SecureROM comes with the gamefly edition.

I just set then positive throttle on my joystick as an alternate W, push throttle all the way up, run forever.

Lol, never thought of that and i actually have a very old joystick... 1995 kinda old... :P