Aryaa

MERGED: Gamma & Brightness

It ruins EVERYTHING!

People can see you from a kilometer away because you're a glowing stick when gamma is brought up. And since bandits have a white skin, they are even more glowy when gamma/brightness is brought up during night.

I used this method because I got tired of other people using it, I can spot anyone anywhere anytime during night because every player and zombies (excluding the black clothed ones) pretty much glow.. its kinda like Infrared vision.

This effect is also enhanced if you up the postprocess or turn off shadows..

Since it is a Survival game, you'd expect it to be on fair ground in terms of visiblity (with exception of binocs, scopes, flashlights, nightvision)

That is unlikely to ever happen. What you aren't considering is that how much you can see in the dark and how much gamma/brightness really helps is very video card and driver specific. I've seen this mod played on three very different systems and it doesn't look the same on any of them.

I used this method because I got tired of other people using it

Be the change you want to see in the world.

It ruins EVERYTHING!

People can see you from a kilometer away because you're a glowing stick when gamma is brought up. And since bandits have a white skin' date=' they are even more glowy when gamma/brightness is brought up during night.

I used this method because I got tired of other people using it, I can spot anyone anywhere anytime during night because every player and zombies (excluding the black clothed ones) pretty much glow.. its kinda like Infrared vision.

This effect is also enhanced if you up the postprocess or turn off shadows..

Since it is a Survival game, you'd expect it to be on fair ground in terms of visiblity (with exception of binocs, scopes, flashlights, nightvision)

[/quote']

Im sorry, but this is a feature of the core game, and nothing a mod can change. Even though I get your point, it is simply not doable.

Even if it was doable, you have settings on monitor and gfx card... no point. Play fair, persuade other people to play fair. Those who dont... well thats life. Thats why cheaters cheat and robbers rob.

Even if it was doable' date=' you have settings on monitor and gfx card... no point. Play fair, persuade other people to play fair. Those who dont... well thats life. Thats why cheaters cheat and robbers rob.

[/quote']

Cheaters win*

Raising Gamma is a cheat. Add something that checks for your current gamma! If it is anywhere above the default values (by more than 0.15) BAN!

Well, I'm adjusting gamma. I'm also not a bandit, so you don't have to worry that I'll use it against you. If I was to be forced to play in pitch black night I simply wouldn't be playing at night. And since I'm interested only in killing zombies and gathering loot, you wouldn't see the difference.

Even if it was doable' date=' you have settings on monitor and gfx card... no point. Play fair, persuade other people to play fair. Those who dont... well thats life. Thats why cheaters cheat and robbers rob.

[/quote']

Cheaters win*

Raising Gamma is a cheat. Add something that checks for your current gamma! If it is anywhere above the default values (by more than 0.15) BAN!

No. It is not cheating, it's exploiting. Not that it changes it being "OP" or un-sporty.

I've used it, and it's almost like having a free set of NVGs.

Gamma and brightness needs to be changed when you are streaming or it is unwatchable.

No. It is not cheating' date=' it's exploiting. Not that it changes it being "OP" or un-sporty.

[/quote']

Its like using Steroids in sports.

Thus cheating.

No. It is not cheating' date=' it's exploiting. Not that it changes it being "OP" or un-sporty.

[/quote']

Its like using Steroids in sports.

Thus cheating.

You think so? It sounds like your card will do it. I can crank mine all the way up and I'm lucky if I can see the water.

I got shot in what I thought was blinding darkness by a fresh survivor in Elektro...I was perplexed as to how he saw me.

It was then I learned about gamma. It certainly adds an advantage, and is only ineffective in the pitch-black (no moon).

I tried it, and frankly it makes the game look like crap from the early 90's...its only really useful in the twilight.

The OP has simply had his jimmies russeled because he was defeated by someone using superior tactics and adapting to his situation.

Simply unfortunate, but there really is nothing that can be done about this issue.. :/

The OP has simply had his jimmies russeled because he was defeated by someone using superior tactics and adapting to his situation.

No.

Its me doing the killing, im a bandit with -30000 humanity atm.

Also raising gamma (if you have shadows off) ground is lit up like Grey. So you can see loot, players hiding in the grass and everything anywhere.

Adding more brightness (cranking to the max) adds the glowy effect.

While OP complains, his post clearly states that he uses it as well, another fine fellow also states that it's a key component of the game. Thus everyone has access to it, so, stop complaining.

While OP complains' date=' his post clearly states that he uses it as well, another fine fellow also states that it's a key component of the game. Thus everyone has access to it, so, stop complaining.

[/quote']

The only reason I use it is because other people do.

Nothing more annoying than getting shot at in the dark not seeing where he is, then you hide and crank up the gamma, voila hes standing close by and you take him out instead.

I honestly dont see why you are able to force Gamma using either GPU or in games. I mean, who has such a bad monitor you need to crank it up!?

i would say, disable gama / brightness control (ingame ESC>video options) and make it like when you start game on server there is preview of some ingame scene during the day and there you can adjust gama or brightness and after that settings are saved within your player profile on DayZ server database and after that you canot change it, and i dont think soo that people will use this "cheating metod" becouse they will stuck with this settings whole time and during the day, when it comes which would suck big time if gama turned up and brightness! :P

i would say' date=' disable gama / brightness control (ingame ESC>video options) and make it like when you start game on server there is preview of some ingame scene during the day and there you can adjust gama or brightness and after that settings are saved within your player profile on DayZ server database and after that you canot change it, and i dont think soo that people will use this "cheating metod" becouse they will stuck with this settings whole time and during the day, when it comes which would suck big time if gama turned up and brightness! :P

[/quote']

I like this idea, but I doubt it can be done. At the moment gamma at full is as good as night vision goggles, you also don't have the black outline and can see through scopes that don't allow night vision with ease. I understand that it's not a thing you can just change but I do feel something should be done.

I used this method because I got tired of other people using it

Be the change corpse you want to see in the world.

Fixt