Sign in to follow this  
Serrath

Church bells when a player dies

I thought it would be a nice sort of atmospheric effect if the church bells would toll whenever a player died.

Who rings the bell? How does she/she know someone died? Do the church bells just ring magically on their own when it feels a disturbance in the force from someones death?

Interesting who pulls the rope?

Wouldn't zombies be attracted to the sound?

I think people would get tired of hearing bells every few miutes or seconds in some servers ;-)

I was thinking in something more like loud noises like those attract all the zeds that are nearby, but yea good idea

In dark souls when a player online beats the boss the bell rings you can hear it in your world too.. would be cool in dayz but.. that would sound like this...

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd so many deaths it can't finish the "inging" part, lol

Cool idea but unrealistic and therefor won't be added.

Starting with no weapon and very little supplies isn't realistic either, but that is being added.

They already ring from time to time (I'm assuming on the hour), would this really be much more of a stretch?

AFAIK they ring on the ingame time, like a real bell does, even with quarter "bongs bongs". so if you don't have a watch, listen...

don't like the idea. that's not "hunger games" sry

i reckon it would be pretty funny to hear it go on and on lol but i would die ingame cause i'd be to busy laughing in RL ahaha :)

(EDIT) and im not saying i find it funny just that i think the none stop ringinginginging would be funny :)

I feel like the ringing wouldn't exactly be nonstop, but that's a fair point. Since the average lifespan is 32 minutes and servers hold up to 50 people on average, how about when someone dies within a certain range of a church, the bells toll? That serves as a dark atmospheric effect and it also makes it extra ominous. If the death toll (no pun intended) can be discerned from regular ringing, even better.

I like this but you wouldn't be hearing these bells out in the middle of the wilderness. I think only the people near the cities should hear it..