icomrade

FR16 General Info and Suggestions

Hi everyone, I'm currently the main admin on the DayZ FR16 server, here's a quick rundown of the server's config.

If you do not get a response in this thread in a reasonable amount of time please yell at me at http://oldschoolfighters.com/ you can also xfire or steam me, username is icomrade for both of them.

Other admins (more may be added): TeabagPsc, NecessaryEvil

Server hardware:

10 GBit lan + 1Gbit wan connection (highest tested is 640Mbps down 60 up)

i7 920 quadcore @ 2.66 - 2.93GHz (turbo)

120GB SAS 10k or 15k RPM hdd (not sure which)

4GB DDR3 Ram - not sure on speed

1968341060.png

Current configuration:

1. Map marker = ON
  2. Name tags = OFF
  3. 3rd person = ON
  4. Crosshair = ON
  5. Difficulty = Veteran
  6. Timezone = UTC/GMT -8
  7. Max ping = 250ms
  8. Server restart = 3:10 AM UTC -8

If you have any suggestions for the server please make them as a reply to this thread.

b_560_95_1.png

Edited by icomrade
  • Like 1

We found your motorcycle and you and your friends switched servers, surrounded us, came back and killed us. One of our friends got away with your tractor though so you kicked him. You don't deserve to run a server.

We found your motorcycle and you and your friends switched servers' date=' surrounded us, came back and killed us. One of our friends got away with your tractor though so you kicked him. You don't deserve to run a server.

[/quote']

well, I happened to be hungry in real life so I disconnected behind the factory where there was a dead guy and a blown up tractor. I was eating when I realized I left the bike in the entrance to the factory, when I joined back up you 2 were sitting there facing away from me looking at the bike. So I (by myself) proceeded to do what any other player would have done, and I shot you both with my rifle.

I have no idea why you would condemn a server just for someone's actions as a player, it's just the luck of the draw, had you driven that bike away you would have gotten away. Oh and I never kicked anybody ever, I have no idea where you came up with that accusation. He was probably kicked for high ping, as today we we're having issues with the server.

If you supply me with his in game name I could look up the reason for you.

Edit: We didn't have a tractor, we blew the one you left out front up with a 50 cal, thy're worthless. Also, every vehicle you find that's repaired isn't the server host's vehicle.

We had about 8 people in vent at the time, 5 of whom were at the factory who watched it go down. I'm not even gonna argue with you because your story is like 70% BS. I didn't post here to debate about what happened, I just wanted other players to be aware of how your server is run. FYI, the name of the guy you kicked is Decard

We had about 8 people in vent at the time' date=' 5 of whom were at the factory who watched it go down. I'm not even gonna argue with you because your story is like 70% BS. I didn't post here to debate about what happened, I just wanted other players to be aware of how your server is run. FYI, the name of the guy you kicked is Decard

[/quote']

LOL you had 5 guys just sit there and watch your buddys get shot and didnt do anything. sounds like a great group of guys.

You guys really are brilliant, do you know that?

23:32:15 BattlEye Server: Player #8 Decard (0000000000000428) has been kicked by BattlEye: Admin Kick (Lobby idling to long)

23:32:15 Player Decard disconnected.

23:32:50 Player SeanTheLawn disconnected.

23:34:09 Player [sGS] William disconnected.

I was there when this happened. From my perspective, I crashed the tractor at the factory almost killing myself in the process so I aborted as my friend who was in another server came to my location to bandage me. When I logged back in, he said "omg there's 2 guys here fueling up this motorcycle...I'm going to shoot them!" He shot the dudes by the motorcycle and proceeded to bandage me. We also noticed later that there was a working tractor so I guess that's the one you took to get to the factory. Nobody was kicked and there was no group "surrounding" you.

I was there when this happened. From my perspective' date=' I crashed the tractor at the factory almost killing myself in the process so I aborted as my friend who was in another server came to my location to bandage me. When I logged back in, he said "omg there's 2 guys here fueling up this motorcycle...I'm going to shoot them!" He shot the dudes by the motorcycle and proceeded to bandage me. We also noticed later that there was a working tractor so I guess that's the one you took to get to the factory. Nobody was kicked and there was no group "surrounding" you.

[/quote']

And thats the way she goes

If you are having issues joining after installing the latest beta patch, which is required, follow Dwarden's instructions in the 1.61 RC1 beta thread. http://forums.bistud...l=1#post2188487

If you don't feel like going there or if it's down here is the direct link.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21983321/Setup_BattlEyeARMA2OA.exe

Edited by icomrade

Is direct comm enabled?

Yes it is.

Edited by .martin

I fully recommend this server - good performance and haven't had any bad experiences (abusive admin or whatnot) yet. :)

I created an account when i saw FR16, just incase someone would see this.... I GOT YO WHITE TRUCK!!! whatcha gunna do??

P.S. its hard to bring FR16 up in sixlauncher sometimes... like right now.

Edited by Kioller

I created an account when i saw FR16, just incase someone would see this.... I GOT YO WHITE TRUCK!!! whatcha gunna do??

P.S. its hard to bring FR16 up in sixlauncher sometimes... like right now.

lol.

I'm not sure what's up with six updater as I have been tipped of by some random guy in the server lobby (thanks). I looked at the server's configuration, firewall, running programs/services and nothing I was able to do could fix it. Without any knowledge of how six launcher fetches servers for its browser I'm afraid I won't be able to fix it, as it has always worked well on this configuration before.

Edited by icomrade

Hi the server is down i would like to play at night on it the evening it did restart & never work again since 6 am(gmt), is it everynight than he is down or just some trouble?

ty for this nice server i hope he will be back soon

Server offline since 8 pm & it did restart at 7pm & couldn t join that why he is offline

Edited by Ariga

sorry for the inconvenience guys, it's back up now. When the server was passworded I was testing it.

please check http://oldschoolfighters.com/ for more up to date info, thanks.

Edited by icomrade

I have just encountered a hacker on this server. His name is [sx|G]xLed

We were flying in chopper and saw few tents somewhere on the west side of map so two of us got out and went check those tents. Pilot stayed in chopper and was flying around, he got shot by sniper rifle, the shot damaged a heli so he flew away. We were aproaching tents than somebody started to shoot at us. My teamate got shot, I saw the smoke from gun came out of nowhere, then a player appeard there, disappeared again. I ran down the hill, he was behind me and I managed to kill him.

Than I went to check his gear, he had sniper rifle L115A3 and some Lapua Magnum rounds - obviously a hacker so I hid his body.

After few second the ingame message said he was kicked because of some rescription and in few seconds he was back...

Edited by *Scarecrow*

I have just encountered a hacker on this server. His name is [sx|G]xLed

We were flying in chopper and saw few tents somewhere on the west side of map so two of us got out and went check those tents. Pilot stayed in chopper and was flying around, he got shot by sniper rifle, the shot damaged a heli so he flew away. We were aproaching tents than somebody started to shoot at us. My teamate got shot, I saw the smoke from gun came out of nowhere, then a player appeard there, disappeared again. I ran down the hill, he was behind me and I managed to kill him.

Than I went to check his gear, he had sniper rifle L115A3 and some Lapua Magnum rounds - obviously a hacker so I hid his body.

After few second the ingame message said he was kicked because of some rescription and in few seconds he was back...

Hackers are automatically banned withing a minute of script detection or logging. In other words, this player was probably banned before you finished typing this message. Also, thanks for the heads up.

25.08.2012 10:44:30: [Sx|G]xLed (82.235.169.217:2304) a8db519680eb73f004126045feafa99a - #0 "weaponClass = "AK_47_M";weaponAmmo = ["30Rnd_762x39_AK47"];ammoCount = 8;player addWeapon weaponClass;for [{_i=0}, {_i < count weaponAmmo}, {_i=_i+1}] do{for [{_x=0}, {_x < ammoCount}, {_x=_x+1}] do{player addMagazine (weaponAmmo select _i); }; };weaponCla"

Edited by icomrade

Greetings,

I recently made this server my group's "home server", have had a really good experience.

On to topic, I got banned today for looting & wearing the "soldier uniform" (antihax says usage of disallowed object on connect)

I'd be really happy if we can work this out. I've got coordinates for the camp where i found multiple skins, if you're interested.

Zyranakh (@steam)

Edited by Zyranakh

I'm not really interested in the camp you got the skins from, the automatic bans also doesn't know or care how you got them (I do). I'll unban you, just be sure to make a note that using rocket and soldier clothes in this server may ban you. The main reason is hackers sometimes like to wear special clothes people cannot have, also they think locations aren't logged using skins not yet legitimately in the game.

Although, I am curious as to how you ended up in my setpos.log, you'll be unbanned but watch yourself.

Edited by icomrade

You are not banned, that was an error on my part that was fixed immediately.

• Like 1

Today January 10 kills ghillie guy and grab his weapon was banned der server and now I get this message:

Admin ban (dah 02/10/2013 11:21 (Ban {addWepaoncargo ....

my nick : Maproce

You may not pickup illegal weapons, and you may not connect with illegal weapons. Therefor you may not connect with the SCAR_L_CQC_EGLM_Holo you picked up, you must drop it on a different server if you wish to play here again.

I would have picked it up too if I didn't know any better, it's a really nice gun.

You have been unbanned.

Edited by icomrade