dasd2516

DayZ standalone should not be TOO cheap

THERE WILL BE NO STOLEN KEYS IN STANDALONE

Then care to explain this? http://steamcommunit...64760822479231/

Also i know rocket has mentioned steam, but as yet i have not seen confirmation that it will definately be only available on steam.

If you have seen this somewhere please share the link.

Edited by Fluxley58

If he wants to sell his game he should put it on steam imo.

Nope i'm holding onto my precious money until I hear about a dramatic improvement in frames.

Then care to explain this? http://steamcommunit...64760822479231/

Also i know rocket has mentioned steam, but as yet i have not seen confirmation that it will definately be only available on steam.

If you have seen this somewhere please share the link.

I already said that arma is an exception

BI ****ed it up.

Edited by dasd2516

whatever. it doesnt matter anyway.

the keys are all attached to an account and there are no keys in the windows registry

Edited by dasd2516

the price point has nothing to do with preventing cheaters (script kids). It's really up to the devs to stop the cheating. hopefully the new client-server architecture will stop the rampant cheating that goes on in the mod.

Edited by shazbot!

yes arma is an exception

Arma is sold on steam, but it's not really integrated with 'achievements' and whatnot. for that matter, I'm sure a lot of know you don't even need steam open to run the game (unlike most steam games)

Well ive done a bit of research and its looks like you're right, Arma is an exception.

But i still cant find anything to suggest that the standalone will only be available on steam, where do you get this from?

The self-entitlement of some of the people in this thread is embarrassing to say the least. Do you really need a price reduction on $15? I've heard of people being cheap but come on, you won't even notice $15 missing.

The self-entitlement of some of the people in this thread is embarrassing to say the least. Do you really need a price reduction on $15? I've heard of people being cheap but come on, you won't even notice $15 missing.

i0kfuL75bnI49.jpg

Edited by Castle

Well ive done a bit of research and its looks like you're right, Arma is an exception.

But i still cant find anything to suggest that the standalone will only be available on steam, where do you get this from?

if its not on steam a key can still be attached only to a specific account

Edited by dasd2516

My point is IF the standalone is available directly from BI as a download or physical copy then they will most likely have CD keys, And if thats the case those CD keys will most likely be stolen or auto generated much as they are now.

Surely Steam will only prevent CD key theft if the game is only available on steam.

I'll just drop this here:

I call bullshit.

BIS has a list of legit cd keys in their auth server which contains all sold physical copies, including what is sold to distributors. I'm guessing they dispatch bulks of keys to electronic versions as well, such as Steam. So lets say there are 2 million valid keys in the auth server. The key-generator only allows you to install the game, once you go online it checks if your key is legit. For each letter in the CD key, you can have A-Z and 0-9, meaning 34 possible combinations. Arma has a 24 digit CD key, meaning there are 7,085,587,176,950,499,380,342,846,631,444,480,000,000 (7 duodecillion) possible combinations. Are you claiming that this is not good enough? Are you really gonna claim that some how some one got your key with the staggering odds of 1:7 duodecillion? Yeah, good luck with that.

i believe the stand alone is supposed to be client side, which is stupid hard to hack and you can't even script. Think League of Legends I have seen 1 hacker in all my days of LoL since its release.

Where do you get your freakin information from? There was even an article on the standalone website explaining how the whole server arhitecture will be based on MMO's and server-side

I'll just drop this here:

Ok, so thats key generators out of the equation, thats reassuring, thank you.

But what about stolen cd keys?

Trust me, I've seen scripters pay the full price for ArmA 2: OA if they're desperate. I think price dosen't matter to some people, but it will to others.

I'll stop scripting/cheating/hacking in the standalone because of price, and the fact that it will have less hackers, meaning you can play legit. I only got my hacks so I stand a chance against other scripters, and so I can protect my friends from them.

Basically, yeah, make SA fairly expensive.

Ehmm.. LOL, a noob with the same answer as most of all the hackers... "I only use hacks so i can protect myself and my friends" Get a life you dumbass... People like you should just be banned from all multiplayer games.

1 time hacking, allways hacking.

Ehmm.. LOL, a noob with the same answer as most of all the hackers... "I only use hacks so i can protect myself and my friends" Get a life you dumbass... People like you should just be banned from all multiplayer games.

1 time hacking, allways hacking.

he is the hero chernarus deserves

Where do you get your freakin information from? There was even an article on the standalone website explaining how the whole server arhitecture will be based on MMO's and server-side

This is just an interesting case of him being confused and/or using the wrong word. Note that he says "Think League of Legends" which means what he clearly meant to say was server side.

By raising the price Rocket will certainly lock me out, I have 3 god damn dollars in my checking accout and I have no idea how I'm even going to get the SA.