Harlie

What is your setup?

I have two questions to ask.

1. What is your setup that you would like to use that isn't too unlikely to come true?(ex. a Lee Enfield,flashlight,map,compass,Alice pack and a bicycle. Don't say something like a helicopter and a Machine-gun because its not very likely you would get one)

2. What is your "dream setup"?(This could mean anything available in dayz)

1. ALICE Pack, Winchester, M1911.

2. M16 ACOG, M9SD, Grenades, Coyote Pack, GPS, Compass, Map.

What i have now: DMR, PDW, Map, GPS, Compass, Alice Pack, WHOLE bunch of food. xD

Primary 1 -- DMR

Primary 2 -- m4 cammo SD

Secondary -- M9SD

1 or 2 Sachel Charges in back pack

I answered once as I consider my dream setup not too hard to do.

Some say I'm a dreamer... but I'm not the only one.

1. ALICE Pack, Lee Enfield, m1911.

2.M4 m203, full of HE grenades, M136 Launcher. :D

What I think would be the coolest:

Vehicle: ATV

Primary Weapons: M24, M4A3 CCO

Sidearm: M9SD

Equipment: Rangefinder, NVG, Compass, Watch, Hatchet, Matches, Ghillie Suit

Pack: Coyote Backpack

Yes, a lot of people will say "Why not M4A1 CCO SD?" or "Man, DMR is much better than M24".

And they'd be right. But I think this is cooler.

Also, no, I'm not a bandit. I'd want to use the M24 for covering fire and remote termination of Zombies and other threats, while my mates move in for the prize.

What I'd consider "best":

Vehicle: British off-road Jeep-type vehicle.

Primary Weapons: AS50, M4A1 CCO SD

Sidearm: M1911

Equipment: Rangefinder, NVG, Compass, Watch, Hatchet, Matches, Ghillie Suit (and all other tools)

Pack: Coyote Backpack

AS50 for precision sniping with guaranteed kills even at extreme ranges. I would consider the FAL, for the scope, but the ammo is only obtainable from crash sites, making it too hard to rearm.

I'd choose the 1911 because, if I had to go for my sidearm, I know I'd be in a fucked up situation, and I'd need something with more persuasive power than a 9mm weapon. That leaves the Revolver, which is ruled out because I choose firing rate and ammo capacity over accuracy. If accuracy over longer ranges is an issue when you pull your sidearm, chances are no sidearm is gonna save you.

Current setup: m14, 1911, a few smoke 'nades. Knife, hatchet, matches, compass, watch (useless IMO), binoculars, map, GPS. A great setup that was bequeathed to me by a bandit that shot me, then got mauled by zeds. I spawned 1.5km from our dead bodies and looted BOTH our corpses. I really owe him for the m14, that's my favorite gun of all time IRL and the game certainly does it justice. Just wish it came with an acog or something :/

Only things that would make this my dream setup is having a coyote backpack with room for a Winchester :) and the bandit skin. I'm no bandit, but I love that skin.