mzltv

Additional Vehicle Script: Lock!

Now, I don't know a lot about scripting, or about making these wonderful things that happen in DayZ happen; but I can't help but feel a very simple touch has been missed on.

Personally, if I was in a Zombpocalypse, then everytime I'd get out the car I've liberated, I'd lock it. I'm not risking some d-bag coming out of nowhere, with his shirt and face, and nicking my car - let alone a zombie slithering it's way into the backseat.

All I'm suggesting is a quick script to be implemented that allows the last person who was in the driver's seat to execute a quick animation; whereby the car is locked to all other players who may look on it as a five-finger discount.

Maybe even implementation of car keys or whatever? I dunno.

SUGGESTIONS? THOUGHTS?

• Like 2

NO. Some of my best memories of day z have involved my car beign stolen, or stealin some elses car....

• Like 1

Grrrr this vehicle is locked, oh well I may as well blow it up with my [insert favourite vehicle go boom method here].

• Like 2

yes, because every car you find will just happen to have its keys with it...

i don't know why that's clearly meant in a sarcastic tone; that's the way vehicles seem at the moment...

i don't know why that's clearly meant in a sarcastic tone; that's the way vehicles seem at the moment...

You don't own the vehicles in the game, they are for everyones use. If you can hide one and it is still there when you log back on then great, if not and someone takes it then that is just tough titty for you. If locking was implemented (which quite frankly is a stupid idea) then you would just get a load of people searching and finding every vehicle on the server and locking them all, would you like that?, every vehicle you try to 'liberate' belonging to someone else? No you would rage and most likely find a way to blow it up.

• Like 1

But can we not have car jacking tools that break the lock or simply smash the window, I know we are getting complicated but these cars don't look like they were built with an immobilizer.

Just like when You find a wheel and repair the vehicle, you should be also able to steal wheels and sabotage the vehicles!

It has to work both ways in order to be valid!

I like the thought of being able to place a satchel in the car and blow it half way down the road, that will deter car jackers!

• Like 1

Now, I don't know a lot about scripting, or about making these wonderful things that happen in DayZ happen; but I can't help but feel a very simple touch has been missed on.

Personally, if I was in a Zombpocalypse, then everytime I'd get out the car I've liberated, I'd lock it. I'm not risking some d-bag coming out of nowhere, with his shirt and face, and nicking my car - let alone a zombie slithering it's way into the backseat.

All I'm suggesting is a quick script to be implemented that allows the last person who was in the driver's seat to execute a quick animation; whereby the car is locked to all other players who may look on it as a five-finger discount.

Maybe even implementation of car keys or whatever? I dunno.

SUGGESTIONS? THOUGHTS?

beans just for that.

You can lock your car, in a kind of limited way though, just park it against a tree or wall and stick a tank trap behind it. Or y'know hide it, I like to hide mine on tops of hills, that are away from high value towns, but not up north, it's not convenient unless you have an offroad.

I like it with a few conditions !

• Cars should have keys. Yeah, a new item :/
  • You should be able to break the window and get in the car, and then you should be able to hotwire the car (if you had a toolbox I guess).
  • You should be able to dismantle cars. (If you park it on the bad part of Cherno you come back to it and it's on 4 cinder blocks :P)
  • Maybe zombies should be able to punch you when your are inside a car if the windows are broken (the bad side of stealing a car by breaking the glass).
  • Lockpicking should be used to open the trunk too (gear).

oops double post

please delete it, mods :T

Edited by Rivy