Dasweb

Day for others, night for me.

Date/Time: 5-6 AM EU

What happened: It was day time for others on the server, including myself. However, when I reconnected to the server it turned pitch black dark for me, but still day for others.

Where you were: Heading to the NE airfield, aprox 20km out.

What you were doing: Running in the woods.

This is normal on DayZ and i think it's quite common on some ArmA 2 servers aswell. I myself had my clock show 7am and my screen was bright as hell, almost like it was in the middle of the day, and my friend right next to me had 2am pitch black night.

Rocket & server admins, is it possible to fix this time desync at all? It really messes up the game, thinking that some bandit out there could have a bright day when you're trying survive in the dark as hell night.

there are some time desync issues its a bit of a problem,

if you go back to the lobby and recon it often fixes you to the server time.

One thing that does worry me is i heard someone bragging they have adapted their config to allow them to see daytime all the time?

AFAIK they have fixed the time-syncs between dayz mod (data) and server.

The glitch may be in the Arma 2 engine and server now.

Was experiencing this, 99% sure it was a US2 server problem. When ever a player would relog, his time would always begin around 5pm, aka daylight, and this persisted for hours. Saving was not gaurenteed(despite unsaved counter acting normal); players who relogged would log back in with their character set back several hours. This was not happening to everyone, all the time. Eventually the server stopped spawning zombies, and then items.

Server reboot fixed all above mentioned problems, and luckily vehicles persisted \o/

I can confirm this happening all the time in EU9 server.

The problem is especially obvious when it's evening and sun is setting. You can bypass the darkness by reconnecting to server, and your time goes back. Server seems to have one time which is not progressing forward, and when clients join they sync into that time.

A common case is that you join, clock is 17:00. Time passes, clock goes to 18:00. All new joiners will still have the time 17:00, and if you reconnect you will have time 17:00 again. This causes everyone on the server having different time of day, and in the evening those who rejoin have considerable advantage as it is still daylight for them while others are already playing in darkness.

I don't think it is ArmA 2 issue. We've never had such issue in ArmA 2. In ArmA 2 normally server time goes forward, and any joiner will synchronize their times with whatever server time is. I think for some reason dayZ mod prevents the server time from moving forward, thus causing the problem.

I've seen this in regular ArmA2, though it's extremely rare. I've only had it happen to me once or twice. I timed out of a friend's game and reconnected...or he saved the game and then rehosted the following day, loading our progress and instead of keeping the server variables from the day before, it was completely upside-down.

For him, the custom settings stuck and loaded properly but when I connected, the server loaded the default configs, so I was on a 24 hour clock and he was on a like a 4 hour clock.

Real weird man. Maybe that's what's causing this with DayZ. Too bad servers can't have 100% uptime >_>

I was on the Atlanta 3 server and got kicked because battleeye lost connection or something, when i rejoined my ingame watch was 2 hours earlier than before so my friend who i was playing with had almost complete darkness at around 20:00 ingame and i had bright sunlight at 18:00.

I can confirm this Problem too (Server DE2).

I can confirm this bug has occurred in my gameplay multiple (2-3) times whilst playing with friends.

Bug confirmed here also, currently server needs to reboot every day at 7pm - 9pm to force time sync for everyone.