austendude

Most depressing death EVER.. Share your story.

I had a DMR, a M4 SD camo, and a wonderful Ghillie suit. I have survived for 6 days, my longest streak ever by a longshot. I went to the Balota med tents to look for more SD STANAG mags. The area was completely free of players, as I scoped the place out for minutes. 2 zombies were standing right in front of the deer stand. I should have shot them, but instead I threw a flare to the right so I can sneak threw into the ladder. I threw it, and they started walking away. As I was crawling, one zombie that was walking to the flare suddenly glitched-teleported right in front of me and started attacking. He only hit me once....ONCE! From just one hit (I had 11,000 blood btw) he broke my legs, made me bleed, and I fainted. All from one hit. The stupid hourglass took too long and I died from him eating me.

I lost all of what I had. FUCK THIS! Zombies shouldn't be able to hurt you like that in 1 hit.

In a game about zombies' date=' zombies shouldn't be able to hurt you...?

[/quote']

I said they shouldn't be able to hurt you like the way that zombie did. One hit shouldn't make be bleed, break my legs, and cause me to faint right away. One hit should mean like... A little loss of blood maybe?

AgentAwesome

thats for you.

I was heading to Berezino, really low on winchester ammunition, an then I spotted this guy. He had a winchester on his back, so I thought maybe I can trade something. I've found my way behind him, sneaked upon him and was like "hey, mate". He stopped, noticed me and started to head my direction. I told him not to approach me. He was like "ok, ok, don't kill me bro, im friendly" and sounded kinda scared as I was. Then we had a little chat, he told me he's going to Rog castle, don't have any winch ammo and he's thirsty. I gave him a drink and wanted nothing in return.

I was trying to say that I found an ALICE pack nearby that was gliched for me, but maybe he can go there and pick it up. He said im breaking up (which happens often to me as my ISP is shit) and ask me to type.

When I started to type he unloaded full makarov mag into my head. I lost TENT (yeah), map, matchbox, knife etc. but the moment my body fell to the ground I was laughing out loud. I really thought he's a nice guy :D It's not that depressing, but from now on I'll kill everyone who MIGHT shoot me.

But Rocket has always stated they are 'infected' and so could be imbued with a terrible strength.

That could be why?

I was sneaking out of Cherno after about 3 hours of looting. I had almost everything I needed (apart from matches). I saw someone running out of town chased by a bunch of zeds.

Now I ain't no coward or nothing, but I'm not about to run to this guys aid. I sneak past trying to use the diversion to my advantage.

"Findley" pops up in chat. Fucker can't even get my name right. But he's seen me and he's on me And he's brough a whole lotta zeds to the party. "help" he finishes.

I've got no other choice I train my Winchester on the first, point and click, he's down. His comrades follow quickly. I turn to my new friend. "You need a transfusion?" I open my backpack.

BANG

You are dead.

Damn.

11 day old char:

I had guiliy suite , sniper and alot of other cool stuff. Me and my friend head to the NE airfield because he wants to check out the control tower. we both have guilly suits and its night so we are really sneeky when we move in. I go overwatch a bit away whilie he loots around.

I feel pretty safe since i find it hard for anyone to see us there so im pretty sloppy with my movements.

He then suddenly asks me "hey, do you know how you turn a flashlight on? "

I tell him L and he turns it on and lights upp the entire damn area (they are WAAAAY stronger than maglites) 1 second later someone is shooting at me , i drop, try moving away, gets shot and die.

Only confort i had was that my friend eventually died to... :D

I was sneaking out of Cherno after about 3 hours of looting. I had almost everything I needed (apart from matches). I saw someone running out of town chased by a bunch of zeds.

Now I ain't no coward or nothing' date=' but I'm not about to run to this guys aid. I sneak past trying to use the diversion to my advantage.

"Findley" pops up in chat. Fucker can't even get my name right. But he's seen me and he's on me And he's brough a whole lotta zeds to the party. "help" he finishes.

I've got no other choice I train my Winchester on the first, point and click, he's down. His comrades follow quickly. I turn to my new friend. "You need a transfusion?" I open my backpack.

BANG

You are dead.

Damn.

[/quote']

That one seriously sucked man.. what an as!

Well this wasn't my most depressing death, but it was for the random guy I teamed up with. We both came across each other whilst I was going through Dubrovka, we both said friendly and we both had pretty low blood. Both of us were constantly fainting so we agreed to team up so that we could cover each other if we fainted.

We headed to berezino hospital, the town was quiet and I shot the glass with whatever gun I had (I think it might've been a lee enfield). We grabbed a couple of medical supplies and out of nowhere hear the cries of aggro'd zombies. And then it happened. I had fainted. He epi-pened me and told me to run. I didn't question him. I ran like there was no tomorrow and heard the sound of makarov rounds being fired. Then a couple of moments later and it just stopped.

I turned my head around and saw the zeds ripping into his flesh. I looked to the bottom left and saw his death message. I felt sad. I wish I had remembered his name.

Survived for 10 days, shot 560 zeds, 5 guys

Got M16A4 ACOG + DMR + enough ammo + NVG + GPS

Ran through random forest in direction of the nearest town to get some food. Suddenly a guy is standing 3 meters in front of me. I think he was as surprised as I was. We looked at each other for about 2 seconds and then started shooting at each other.

I killed him and was still standing with about 100 blood... I died in about 1 second

It is so sad because neither of us had a chance

My character was only about an hour old so I had no good gear, but I was shot in the head by another survivor.

Who was female.

Killed by a woman.... so embarrassing.....

Well, I had amassed my wet-dream fantasy gear setup for stealth-action bad-ass swag hunting. I had accumulated my gear from a few extremely lucky finds at bolata and a body I found in the cherno market that I will refer to as "Dead Jesus," due to the loot I found on the poor man who's death is a mystery, even to myself. Within 2 days on the character, I had nvg, rangefinder, e-tool, gps, knife, compass, map,watch, matches, hatchet,binocs; 2 antibiotics, 2 bloodbags, epi,morphine,bandages,steaks,canteens; coyote; m4 holo with grenade launcher, over 8 mags, 4 he nades(another 6 in the tent), an m24 rifle with 4 magz, an m9-silenced with a few magz. And all this in the comfort of my ghillie suit. I knew my luck was going to run out. After providing overwatch with my nvg and m24 for my m8, newer and not as blessed by the zone as I, while he looted bolata, he had to log out for the night. Seeing as the night was so young and I had my shiny toys to play with, I decided to head north alone for new adventures. After silently looting the NW Airstrip and the Stary military camp as an unseen ghost, I began heading back toward my m8's last position in a round-abt manner through novy. It was one of those DARK nights and the server had around 3 other players at the time since it was about 430am CNT. and I didn't want to take any chances. The last building along the outskirts of the town I noticed as I was heading out to make my way back to the woods and log off for the night was a 3 story barn I recalled as the same barn I previously fell and broke both legs/unconscious/bled-out in on my last character. Something told me to just pass it up, but the greed had other ideas. I casually walked into the barn and as soon as I caught the faint shimmer of a chemlight reflecting on the wall from the opposite side of the barn(the fucking moonlight had been playing tricks with the nvg all night), a lone shotgun blast rang out and ended it all before I got my wits. The chances of one of the other 2 players in the whole damn map, and my nvg not picking up the light before I walked in....that fucking barn is cursed. Oh well, cheers to the lucky son of a bitch that just had christmas, nice shooting and enjoy my shit and put it to good use. I'm sure he busted a nut on my bloody corpse when he looted it. It was hard not to put a noose around my neck after that, but I admit defeat due to a slip of caution on my part and a worthy foe with quick reflexes, dead-aim, no-hesitation, and a chunk of luck. Greed seals all fates.

The gear.

I was in some small village near the coast, having been moved there from my previous position near the NW Airfield by the latest patch. Looting the area to try to reacquire some of the ammo I had lost in various zed horde rushes brought on by their heightened sense of hearing, much greater than I remembered in previous patches.

2 mags and 1 bullet for my Enfield, three mags for my M1911. It was the greatest haul of my DayZ career; the lack of lustre of it owing to having never made it to the northern areas. Somehow, I had alerted the zeds in the area. I made a break for the barn nearby to take advantage of their slower interior speed. I managed to take out the initial wave without too much trouble, having a bit of ammo to spare. I had noticed on my way to the barn some ammo in a nearby outhouse. I tried to loot it, but another wave had made its way to my location, some even clipping through the rear door I had shut.

The next wave proved too many, the hollow click of the trigger of an empty rifle followed by the hollow click of my sidearm. Not even one bullet for myself. I knew it then: I wasn't going to live. Even if I managed to run far enough to encounter another survivor, it was probably going to end up like it had before: myself being shot before any of the zeds. I wasn't about to sit there and let them take me. I ran.

I ran. Dodging the zeds in the barn wasn't hard, not one of them managed to land a punch. I tried again to loot the ammo in the outhouse, but the gear key wouldn't even recognise the items. I bolted again, running around the right side and around the pile of hay. I could have sworn I dodged any zeds in that area, but one had apparently hit me. With that one hit, I was down, my leg broken. It was over. Everything lost to a zed's one lucky punch.

Finally died after 15 days alive.

Had an AK and a pistol with flashlight attached to it, with 500+ bullets. And enough food and water to last for several days.

Had found all tools except NVGs, GPS, radio and matches. Yeh, I've entered supermarkets that had 3 compasses, churches with 3 backpacks and hangars with 3 knives etc. But never found any damn matches.

It was also kinda hard to find a map. But finally found one in a deer stand.

Avoided open fields and hills. Always a bit into the tree-line. And checked my peripheral every 5 seconds.

I stopped to read the map, then when I closed the map I saw two people out on the open field, around 300 meters in-front of me.

One of them spotted me, so I started to do the Q-E thingy and then I instantly died. Heard no shot, saw no muzzle fire, just died.

They probably just spawned in and got a lucky head-shot.

Everything was in my favor really. I was on a fairly safe distance, had some tree cover while they where out on the field. I also had plenty of escape-ways and knew the terrain as I just had studied the map. I also had plenty of fire power. And only one of them had noticed me.

Other times when I encountered other players I just ran, but after 15 days it was getting a bit lonely ...

@OP:

My story:

I entered a fire station, found a Winchester (not the 1866, the newer model - shooting pellets).

Went up the stairs in the tower and glitched in them, was "falling" from the stairs for good 2 minutes, then died.

Derp.

I have logged into DayZ exactly once since this happened because I have been so depressed/angry over the absolute crappy outcome. Here is my story:

Equipment:

Camouflage skin

Coyote backpack (the grand 24-slot pack)

Mk 48 mod 0 (four belts/crates of ammunition)

.45 Revolver (8 drums of ammo)

4 cooked meats

3 medpacks

3 morphine

2 painkillers

2 bloodpacks

2 cantines of water

1 antibiotics

1 undeployed tent

Nightvision goggles

Rangefinder

Compass

Map

Hatchet

Hunting Knife

Toolbox

Watch

Entrenching Tool

Matches

Radio

GPS

As you can see, I was armed and equipped to the nines. I was happy being in the north. I found it lonely, yet comforting: seeing the vast emptiness. Sure, I had clan mates that played almost every day. We tried finding downed helicopters (to no avail), but we enjoyed the game.

We had heard horror stories about hackers, but figured we were safe on UK15. It was a beta server with the latest Arma II beta files and 1.7.0. It was late and night and I was wrapping up my playtime before I had to sleep for work the next morning. I decided to do a little hunting for a cow or sheep or something for some clan mates and was wondering through the wood ever so slowly as to not bring attention to myself in the west side of Gorka.

It was dark, but I could see thanks to my glorious night vision that I obtained a week earlier off an altercation with some bandits in the NW airfield. I figured, hell... five more minutes won't hurt my day tomorrow so I kept crawling on.

Next thing I know, I stumble until a campsite in the middle of nowhere with around seven tents set up. All of a sudden I see movement from a single player in between the tents. I duck back into the woods, hide behind a tree, and the next thing I hear: BOOM, BOOM, BOOM. Here is a hacker using artillery fire and I see it creeping closer and closer and closer until... you guessed it. Dead as a frickin' doornail.

I was alive for over eight days and I managed to run into ONE player hacking only to have him not only kill me in one shot, but do so with a weapon not even found in DayZ. He then kept hunting me down on the server I was on, killing me with artillery and laughing. I... was... furious (I kept taunting the hacker, but never made my emotions apparent).

Don't get me wrong, I am not mad that I died. This is a game about the journey to one's death. I accept that. What I don't accept, is hackers. In any shape or form ruining the game for myself or others.

Thinking about it right now, makes me want to not play DayZ for a long time and I have quit SW:TOR for this game. Hell, I bought Diablo III: day one and I have only just recently started playing it again after I quit cold turkey two days after it came out for DayZ! I'm so addicted to this game, I stopped playing games with my wife for it (she won't play because although she's a gamer, so doesn't like games with high tension).

Anyways, that's my story. Depressing? Yes. Infuriating? Yes. Will I come back to enjoy this marvelous game again? That's up for debate. I hope Rocket and his team eliminate the majority of the hackers. If that happens, Warsaken will return to try to survive another apocalypse!

I'm a friendly player, "live and let live".

I had all the gear you can have(except NVGs and a GPS), M4A3 CCO with 5 mags, loads of food and other vital gear. I was playing at night, looting the two houses near Zub. I turned around inside the house and bam there was a player right behind me, probably a friendly too since he was about 1,5 meters away and hadn't killed me. He startled me real bad, and my finger accidentally hit mouse1, so I fired a round in to the wall right next to him.

As you might imagine, things went down hill from there. I'm not entirely sure, but I think we both died... Such a stupid way to lose your gear!

My character was only about an hour old so I had no good gear' date=' but I was shot in the head by another survivor.

Who was female.

Killed by a woman.... so embarrassing.....

[/quote']

Wow, that's pretty misogynistic. Why does it make any difference?