Samurai004

My New Survivor Series (A Bullet for Beans)

Hey everyone, I decided to throw my hat into the ring and do a playthrough / tutorial video for DayZ. I'm trying to build a subscriber base for the upcoming release of the standalone, so if you like the video a subscribe would mean a lot. Thanks and enjoy.

• Like 1

Good video, you should try not to talk so fast when you explain some parts.

It seemed like you were nervous on some parts of the video, loosen up, be casual.

Depending on what editing software you use, you can remove the black bars but it usually depends on what your resolution is when you record.

My native is 1920x1080, so you should get no black bars.

Another solution is to put it at 1280x720 and render at 720p

Since you are uploading 20+ mins plus, only render it at 720p to reduce render and upload time.

Hope you gain enough subscribers for the upcoming standalone ;P

• Like 1

Watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them both. I like the low-key and down-to-earth commentary style.

One minor point- the engine noise seemed to override your commentary while driving around. Aside from that, subscribed and :beans:

• Like 1

Thanks guys, and yes I totally agree with the engine noise especially in Ep 3. All the limited audio editing skills I have weren't enough to overcome the deafening roar of the truck in 3rd person. But in my subsequent videos I have turned down the sound effects and upped my mic volume. Unfortunately the lower sound effects hurts my chances of hearing footsteps and distant shots, ect... But it's worth the sacrifice to make the video better for you all... I'm up to 5 videos now. And the 6th is in production now. Stay tuned and thanks for the beans, yummy.

Episodes 6 and 7 are up. Several more soon to come with boats, helis and more...I'm getting so backed up on content that I filled up 80% of my new 1 TB drive I bought specifically for video capture.

I also agree in that I was a bit nervous and overly concerned with my commentation during the first couple videos. I've never done this before, but I think I loosen up nicely once my squad mate nnex links up with me in episode 3. Thanks for the great advise guys, greatly appreciated!!

I'll post a link to episode 7 and I think you'll agree that I'm more composed in this one:

Dang, you must have alot of raw footage to have almost filled a new 1TB.

By the way, how did you get that debug monitor?

:thumbsup:

Just watched the latest clip, and I'm hoping it doesn't end the way it looks things might...

Have you got an overall storyline (for lack of a better term) that you are looking to bring out? I ask not out of criticism, more out of curiosity. I have no doubt things are heading somewhere, but a little tease might whet the appetites out there.

Dang, you must have alot of raw footage to have almost filled a new 1TB.

By the way, how did you get that debug monitor?

Yes, I have a lot of footage and it's not anything already uploaded. Pretty much a weekend of pretty intense gameplay for a couple of guys minding our own business.

As far as the debug monitor, I play on a private hive server. When I switched to playing on it, the debug monitor was on screen without me doing anything. So basically it came with the private server settings.

Have you got an overall storyline (for lack of a better term) that you are looking to bring out? I ask not out of criticism, more out of curiosity. I have no doubt things are heading somewhere, but a little tease might whet the appetites out there.

There is a storyline that will come out (things can change obviously). Furthermore, nnex and I have already planned on an event that drives us towards becoming disenchanted bandits of the wasteland with nothing to lose. This will allow a segway into a bandit series...pay attention to Charles (hint).

And while were at it, enjoy my latest episode - Chenarus Heli Tours

Dude the server you play on has way too much custom shit. That Mi8 spawn in 8.2 is clearly an added base lol. Same with your NE airfield.

Looks like a nice server though XD