Sign in to follow this  
deadlikelatin

I could use some help. Suggestions?

A few months ago I found myself playing DayZ, and it became quite boring to me. I thought that I would enhance my player experience by taking the lesser route, and using a hack to give myself an advantage. Of course, this led to my untimely ban from DayZ, and as a result, I simply ceased playing, accepting that it was my own fault for trying to cheat, and I deserved what I got.

Recently, with the popularity of WarZ, I've decided to get back into DayZ. Cheat free, of course. I did some research, and found that if I bought a new copy of Arma II: OA, I would be able to play again. So, through Steam on a secondary account of mine, I repurchased the required materials to play. However, I encountered a problem. When I launch DayZ via Six Launcher/Updater, it still seems to be running with my old, banned CD key from three months prior, and I can't seem to get the game to operate using my new CD key.

Yes, I run the game through steam. Yes, I've tried using both Six Updater/Launcher, as well as DayZ Commander. If anyone has any help as to how I can ge the game up and running again, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you in advance. I really shouldn't have tried the hack to begin with. This is all the result of my own misdemeanors.

Did you uninstall sixlauncher when you uninstalled Arma II the first time?

• Like 1

No, I don't think so. Do you think completely uninstalling Arma II, Six, and DayZCommander, and then re-installing would fix it?

Perhaps uninstalling Six, DZC Battle-Eye. Verify OA through Steam. Long shot (as I am no expert) treasure hunt through your registry looking for your AO key and replace with the one from your new account? or delete AO registry keys, DZC, Six, BattleEye. Verfiy game, reinstall apps?

I wonder Ip's get adding to key bans. You on static or dynamic isp?

Hope you get it sorted.

Update: I followed your advice, Blunt_Zephyr, and I uninstalled Six and Battle-Eye. I also uninstalled DayZ Commander, and then reinstalled everything except for Six. I ran DayZ through DayZ Commander, and checked the option to run the game through Steam. I made sure I was logged onto my alternate Steam account with the new, unbanned copy of Arma II & Arma II: OA.

Everything seemed to run fine for about 15 minutes. I spawned in Elektro, gathered some supplies, got chased by a lone zombie, and after shooting it, I headed off to Chern. After walking for about another 5 minutes, I got the Global Ban message again. What's even weirder is that my character's name was that of my other account. So the game is STILL running DayZ using my other code. I guess my next line of action is to change the code being used on the current copy of Arma II, but I have no idea how to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: By change my CD Key, I mean replace my old CDKey from the first copy of Arma II that was banned with the new CD key I bought.

Edited by DeadLikeLatin

If I have to wait for the standalone, I'm fine with that as well. Like I said, this entire ordeal is the product of my own curiosity. I may just have to accept the consequences of my actions.

If I have to wait for the standalone, I'm fine with that as well. Like I said, this entire ordeal is the product of my own curiosity. I may just have to accept the consequences of my actions.

Sorry for the bad news, mate.

If you're desperate, try uninstalling ArmA 2, use CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) to do a registry sweep, do a virus scan and then install (buy it again >.<) ArmA 2 on a external hard drive. Or use a different computer if you have it.

I'll probably just wait until the official release. And then if the standalone disappoints (which I doubt it will), I'll run it on my laptop, and simply operate on the lowest graphical settings.