Sign in to follow this  
Harlico

Diary Of A Survivor

Time: 22:27

Date - November maybe….

Location - Unknown

I found this empty note book in a gas station so I am going to use it as a diary and to try and keep track of time. If I don't live through this maybe the things in here can help someone else survive, even if it is just for one more day.

Everyone has their story and maybe when I have more time I will tell you mine. My last name is Byrne. I don't see the point in writing my first name anymore no one has said it in a long time and trust me, you never heard of me. I had been sailing on a small sail boat for 12 days according to my count, until last night when my boat was overturned in a storm. I awoke to find myself washed up on a beach to the east of a town called Kamehka. The writing on the signpost looked to be in Russian so I can only assume that I am still somewhere in eastern Europe. I managed to find a well and filled some old water canteens from my backpack that were getting low.

Nothing is more important than water so always remember the 3:30 survival rule. 3 days without water, 30 days without food. This is dependant on temperature of course but if you find this on my corpse tomorrow your in eastern europe in November (I think) so no sun tan for you in the next while.

I had lost my supplies bag that was attached to my backpack when i went overboard so i decided to see what i could find in town. My 4 hour search turned up a tin of canned sardines and a knife, slim pickings but it will get me through the next week or more. I followed some train tracks to a gas station just east of town and found this note book and pencil along with a can of coke. Its amazing how the things that we were told as kids were bad for us have now become a key part in staying alive. Not so worried about it rotting my teeth now. I drank it on the spot, i need the sugar more than the liquid itself. On my way out I was so busy checking the area that i walked across some broken glass and startled a Z… I took its jaw clean off with the first swing as he came at me so fast I couldn't get a good shot. The second one cleaved about 3 inches into the right temple and he dropped. Luckily I didn't startle any of the others as I wasn't feeling much like running after the night I had just had.

I am held up just north of the town in a tree stand. Somebody was here within the last month or so, there are empty food cans and a bottle of whiskey. Looks like I found the party house! I have cut the ladder off with my hatchet so no wandering Z's can climb up in the night. Its late now, time for sleep.

Tomorrow I follow the shore line and see if I can find a boat.

• Like 3

Indeed, however... I think there are about 300 thousand of these -.-

Indeed, however... I think there are about 300 thousand of these -.-

aHHH! OKAY...

I'm quite new here, so this was new to me :)