Fabis94

Character breaks legs like there's no tommorow

I've been playing with a friend and it's crazy how often you break your legs/go unconscious just from nothing. Like maybe you and your friend went through the hallway too close because of lag and you just pass out. Just now I joined a new server and spawned unconscious on the ground and had to wait like 5 minutes to wake up. What the hell?

If you think it is a bug then report it in the bug reports section of these forums.

I agree that you break bones often in the game as it is now. However when i do it i mostly do it because the game is still in alpha. For instance i cant tell you how many times ive glitched off a ladder and fell and broke my legs. I think that with just some patience its gonna get better.

When you say you logged in and were unconsious for 5 minutes. Did you log out while your character was in shock? I believe that can cause thats how its supposed to be.+

This never happened to me before. Not sure what you're doing to cause this. I broke a leg once crawling over a doorway, so now I just crouch whenever I have to go through one that isn't completely flat (flat like the cement ramp going up into one of those long-houses).

yeah its kinda stupid, crawl next to a bush and move into it to much and all of a sudden legs are broke.

I almost killed myself because I closed a door and it closed on me, I passed out and everything lol.

Go unconscious from nothing -> Is your blood below ~4000? Did a zombie just hit you while your blood was below 9000?

Spawned unconscious -> You logged off while in shock. It's the white icon on your hud that doesn't look like a broken bone.

• Going into small spaces, especially prone it seems, is dangerous. Eg: Prone, go in between two trees your character's body could JUST fit between and "wiggle" a bit = broken bone and/or death.
  • Ladders are fairly dangerous as you can be eaten by them (not so much with arma2 oa beta patch) or be put on the edge of the tower your climbing--outside the guard rail.
  • Falling off higher than the 5th or so stair in a staircase will likely break your leg.
  • Going near edges of buildings or where ever with no wall/rail on the edge will likely "push" you over the edge to your death. Stairs can sometimes do the same thing. BEWARE TRI-LEVEL BARNS 3
  • Zombies can randomly step on your legs. Nothing you can do to avoid it.
  • Some large rocks may eat your legs and trap you in them. Possibility of broken legs.
  • If you are prone at the bottom of a ladder after descending it and your buddy tries to go down the ladder without you moving, you will likely bleed and get a broken leg.
  • Sometimes if your buddy moves over you while you are prone, you will get a broken leg.

I've yet to have a problem with a buddy in a hallway (except those bandits--but they're not MY buddy), but your friend probably ran over you or something.

So YES! You be breakin' your legs all the time in this game. So annoying. Recommend beta patch (green box at the top) to fix some of the issues. Hope my list helps you avoid other problems.

Most of the problems seem to be ARMA 2's fault rather than DayZ.

Imagine an American football sim based on the ArmA engine, by the third down half of both teams would be out with broken bones!

Imagine an American football sim based on the ArmA engine' date=' by the third down half of both teams would be out with broken bones!

[/quote']

Half? I'd say all of them would be unconscious with broken bones within the first 5 minutes.

I've yet to have a problem with a buddy in a hallway (except those bandits--but they're not MY buddy)' date=' but your friend probably ran over you or something.[/quote']

You have to be wary of moving close to other people. A tiny bit of desync and they can warp around smashing you against objects. I've nearly died this way multiple times playing with a friend who has an unstable connection.

@Castle

Good to know. I don't have to worry about it with the main person I play with since we're on the same IP + don't really have connection issues. I'll be careful when playing with my Euro-buddy though. D: