fonikz

Banned from US 2047 (Admin Ban/Scripting)

According to DayZCommander, I haven't been on US2047 in about a month, but for some reason I'm banned and the reason is Admin Ban/Scripting. I've certainly never used a script before. I'm not banned on any other server.

PM me your GUID and I'll investigate.

Edit:

Also, I don't ban people that 'piss me off'.

Edited by RS-Dolph

I think I found it by just searched for fonikz in my logs.

You showed up in my setpos.log

25.10.2012 07:57:57: fonikz (184.34.xx.xxx:1024) e9...7ee - 2:2 [1000,10,0]

I'll give you the benefit of doubt and unban you as this game engine is terrible and that just looked suspicious.

Edited by RS-Dolph
  • Like 1

25.10.2012 07:57:57: fonikz (184.34.xx.xxx:1024) e9...7ee - 2:2 [1000,10,0]

Definitely looking suss to me ;)

OP, have you ever been teleported by a hacker? (assuming this wasn't you).

It looks as if something along these lines "_logic = _this select 0;\n_logic setpos [1000,10,0];" was used to generate the previous quote in the log. This code is in fact on the community banlist if I recall correctly.

Edit:

Obviously I am not providing the entire setpos script on the banlist, that is just the segment containing the co-ords provided in your quote. We wouldn't want any Bambi's getting their hands on such and trying to do something stupid.

Edited by Rammfisch

I just plucked a few more out of my banlist with [1000,10,0] in the setpos.log over the past month or so as long as it was only 1 entry per user.

We'll see how it goes. Even taking those out, my list is rapidly growing to 3600.

I just plucked a few more out of my banlist with [1000,10,0] in the setpos.log over the past month or so as long as it was only 1 entry per user.

We'll see how it goes. Even taking those out, my list is rapidly growing to 3600.

3600... Holy crap.

Manually or script restriction bans?

Thanks Dolph! It's been a while since I was teleported up into the air, but it probably was about a month ago. Thanks for clearing that up.

3600... Holy crap.

Manually or script restriction bans?

CBL (I manually reviewed every issue posted) as well as my own manual bans.

Thanks Dolph! It's been a while since I was teleported up into the air, but it probably was about a month ago. Thanks for clearing that up.

No problem. Some of this shit is just trial and error.

I try to compare known scripting violations in the logs and see what other entries those users make and if I see other users make them, it's kind of a cross reference. If that makes sense. However, it's not fool proof and I will unban if I see something that's only questionable.