Sign in to follow this  
Roughknite

Really Odd Lag? Help if possible?

Hey everyone!

I've been playing for the last three days or so, and no matter what server I join and how low the ping is I get this odd lag, so I believe it is client side.

This happens about every 30 seconds or so on average, and here is what it does:

Screen locks up for a few seconds - But the odd part about this is, lets say a zombie in the middle of taking a step, everything on screen locks up, so zombie freezes of course, but after a few seconds when it is done locking up, he doesn't teleport forward like you think he would, he finishes his step.

If a player is on screen when he locks up, they do in fact teleport, but the zombies do not.

I have tried updating my video card to the latest driver, and that did not fix the issue. Any other ideas? System specs below.

Processor: Pentium Dual-Core E5400 @ 2.7Ghz/core

Memory: 2048MB

Vid card: Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 (1267mb mem) DX11

Windows 7

I would assume since I can play games like skyrim on ultra it would not be a video problem, as the normal ARMA runs with no issues (although I have not tried multiplayer just single player)

Also, I have tried reducing the graphical settings to the lowest possible, and it still has this issue.

Thank you for all the ideas you may come up with!

-RK

same boat as you mate.

i've only started playing this game last week and i've had thist intermittent lag all the time. mine is even more frequent then yours.

i belive you can go into the actual arma game and tweek the graphics options a bit more to get a bit better preformance, but this game is very badly optimized and even people with incredible rigs have a terrible time running it. you have to keep in mind it's in Alpha stage...not even Beta yet.

The reason zombies aren't skipping is because their actions are calculated on the client side.

I've been having the same issue as you. Every 30 or so seconds, I get a few seconds of freezing, even though the game runs brilliantly otherwise. I uninstalled the game and wiped the entire Steam OA folder, and it's still giving me problems after reinstalling clean. My drivers are also all up to date. Like you, I also have no issues running the base game. I know it's not a graphics settings issue, because it stays consistent no matter how high or low I set them.

I suppose it's worth noting that my computer is a bit faster than yours but still on the older side.

CPU: 3.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

GPU: Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5

RAM: 4GB

I have a very simlar rig to you, and having the same problems.

Processor: Pentium Dual-Core E8400 @ 3.0Ghz/core

Memory: 4 Gig

Vid card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260

Tried running everything at the lowest setting and still had that intermittent lag.. Did reinstalling DayZ work for you?

I noticed the intermittent lag occurs more often when you spawn/agro zombies from a far distance.

For example it will play perfectly fine in the country side. But when you come close to a building, right before the zombies spawn the machine starts to lag. Its especially common when you have zombies chasing you and each time they agro antoher, the intermittent lag occurs...

Would not having enough cpu ram or graphics card ram be the fault?

A friend of mine also has the same exact problem..

He also uses a Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 (1267mb mem) DX11

I did some more testing after I got home from work today, and I found out that if I ran DayZ straight through Steam without the beta instead of using the Six Launcher with the beta, I had no issues whatsoever. Even the single player game has freezes for me when the beta is running. You guys might want to try the same thing.

Edit: Though now that we absolutely need the beta, I'm at a bit of a pickle.

I think I may have figured a solution on my end. I stopped using the Six Launcher and set up to use the beta straight through Steam, and the lag seems to have stopped stopped. I messed around in the armory for quite a while, and I didn't have any issues. I can't say I understand why, since I don't know the workings of the Six Launcher, but this fixed my issue, and it might be worth a try if you haven't already.