Sign in to follow this  
Kuppz90

Bad Version problem

When i pick a server of the list and join it, i only get "bad version, connection rejected" or something :S whats up with this?

Im new to the game and DayZ btw

When i pick a server of the list and join it' date=' i only get "bad version, connection rejected" or something :S whats up with this?

Im new to the game and DayZ btw

[/quote']

I assume you have the steam version, and that you followed the installation guide to the point where you installed the DayZ expansion and it shows up as "@DayZ" in your Expansions List in-game.

Most servers show a certain number in their address, which is the client version. An example is 93616.

You have to update the client to version 93616 or greater. It's an easy download+install program.

Site: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

After that, go to your Operation Arrowhead folder (default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead)

And right click DayZbeta and click Edit. Now search for the line "-window". Delete this line and align the stuff so you don't have a space too much which causes the program start-up to give an error.

That's pretty much it.

Tell me if you have any difficulty with my explanation or an other problem.

I'm having this bad version problem as well. I don't seem to have a DayzBeta folder in that directory, just @Dayz. Help please?

Go to the site that was posted above for the Beta patch. That is what the problem is, because many of the servers are running the Beta patch. I don't have the DayzBeta folder either, so I don't know where that came from. But just download the latest file, extract it, then run the .exe file. Then just go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead (THIS IS FOR THE STEAM VERSION) and run the Launch ArmA2 OA Beta Patch shortcut that should be in there. This works for me, and it runs DayZ and the beta patch (so long as you did everything right for the installation of the DayZ mod).