Tysonn

You know who you are

Sniper outside of electro, Hiding on sniper hill like a boss. You keep missing me, I wonder why you wouldn't wait until I was closer. Your aim is horrible, is this your first time?

I go into the fire hall and act like you don't exist. This seems to make you mad and you start firing like crazy! I decide i'm going to make it my lifes mission to slay you.

I play it cool and slowly make my way to your flank. I make it very close to you. I pull out my axe and hit you once in the back.

You log out................................

Thanks for reminding me why I don't play Day Z much anymore.

You realize dying and losing your loot is part of the game...................

This isn't the first time this has happened either.

Easy fix guys, I wont be buying the standalone unless some sort of timer or something is put into place.

Too many times some loser logs out to stop himself from dying.

Easy fix guys, I wont be buying the standalone unless some sort of timer or something is put into place.

Have you downloaded version 1.7.3?

they fixed combat logging with this update by adding a 'Not in Combat' - 'In Combat 30 secs' timer.

• Like 3

lol you think DAYZ needs you? who are you again? Soo you think coming to the the forums and crying is going to change anything? And yeah what 2sk_Guardian said they have a 30 sec timer sooo update ur dayz.

he seems a little upset..

• Like 1

Play on 1.7.3 servers and there's your 'fix'.

You only chose to make it harder for yourself when all you really had to do was update your game.

• Like 1

I went screwing around on public and private servers today all with the 1.7.3 patch. Got bandit skins on 2 different servers. 5 axe murders. Not one alt-F4. Had one bitch ass cvnt of a hacker kill everyone on server US 1987 but other than that, no cowards. I think I'm adddicted to DayZ now. (( =

Edited by NoyZ

Just because there is a 30 seconds timer, doesn't mean you can't gtfo out of a dangerous situation. I was scoping after a well armed dude and missed him twice, the "In battle countdown" only starts when YOU yourself fire a shot, when you're shot at, it doesn't start and you can just pussy out, like he then did.

Edited by CyanidC

yes Combat timer only starts if your fire a shot. All they need to do if possible... is add a 5, 10, 15 sec countdown on logging out.

Now it's paying off for people who never logged out when being shot at, your normal ALT+F4 tactic guys that would lose in any normal fights have hard dayz nowadays, poor little cvnts

Just because there is a 30 seconds timer, doesn't mean you can't gtfo out of a dangerous situation. I was scoping after a well armed dude and missed him twice, the "In battle countdown" only starts when YOU yourself fire a shot, when you're shot at, it doesn't start and you can just pussy out, like he then did.

Not true. Quite the contrary actually. it is when anyone shoots near you. if someone shoots at you from 100 yards or less you will get the timer whether or not they hit you. Now if you get shot at from a ways away then yes the timer will not come up.

Not true. Quite the contrary actually. it is when anyone shoots near you. if someone shoots at you from 100 yards or less you will get the timer whether or not they hit you. Now if you get shot at from a ways away then yes the timer will not come up.

I saw the shots pierce the ground right next to his legs, i was not more than 85 meters away when i fired the shots, yet he dissapeared and left behind the 20+ Zeds that were following him and he was punched by them aswell. How do you explain that?

I saw the shots pierce the ground right next to his legs, i was not more than 85 meters away when i fired the shots, yet he dissapeared and left behind the 20+ Zeds that were following him and he was punched by them aswell. How do you explain that?

Not too sure bud. We can't forget this is still an alpha with issues around every turn. I was being shot at earlier without returning fire and the timer came on.

Also yesterday a buddy of mine with a Hatchet was taking out zombies about 50 meters away from me and the timer came on then too.

Yeah I've had the combat timer start plenty of times when someone's shot next to me so it does work. Whether or not its consistent, I dunno, seems not, though this is DayZ and strange things happen that dont usually or are not supposed to. Just because something happens once doesnt mean thats how it works.

Not too sure bud. We can't forget this is still an alpha with issues around every turn. I was being shot at earlier without returning fire and the timer came on.

Also yesterday a buddy of mine with a Hatchet was taking out zombies about 50 meters away from me and the timer came on then too.

Yeah i guess so, might just be me having really bad luck all the time in this game. It hates me^^

I dont think it likes me either tbh :( Do you think it could be something we said? If I go toe to toe with another player there is an 80% chance I will be killed (that rises to 100% if the other player is armed).

I dont think it likes me either tbh :( Do you think it could be something we said? If I go toe to toe with another player there is an 80% chance I will be killed (that rises to 100% if the other player is armed).

Well your first mistake would be going toe to toe with a random dude. If i see someone, i first just watch them from a distance and then, if i think it could be worth it, establish voice com. If no answer and with gear i like, he ends up with an aerodynamic hole in his head.

I blame Karma for my very unfortunate encounters.