Sign in to follow this  
Dimedius (DayZ)

Static Tripod Weapon Emplacement

Hi guys, tried searching but found nothing.

I have created a trading post of sorts. Initially I am thinking about some self defense for the area with some mounted machine guns to "watch" the entrance. The problem I am having is that it is killing anyone instantly when trying to enter these vehicle types.

Is there a way to code it or add a script that would make it so they don't kill people trying to man them?

You lost me a bit to in the last sentence. Regarding the actual idea of having a mounted gun I quite like it but it's been discussed before and many don't. In Arma there's already mounted machine guns that require 2 or more people to carry the parts and than a small amount of time so set them up. It''d be fairly easy as far as I can see for one of the custom mods to enable it.

I have built a trade post of sorts with the 3d editor and imported (merged) everything into the mission file for my server.

I have some M2static machine gun (classnames) to be used for guarding the entrance.

The issue I am having is that whenever someone tries to use one (i.e. he is going from looking at it to using it) the moment he is considered to be using the M2 machine gun (not even pressing the trigger or firing the weapon but just being "in" it). It's a little confusing I know but basically anyone who tries to use it is instantly killed.

[uPDT] "Decided" to look at the rpt (gawd, need to look there first) it was killing me because it thought I was hacking. Added an exception to the script and voila working M2 machine guns.

Edited by Dimedius