97ADU Vendetta

Vilayer Servers Down?

Youre telling me, not a good way to kick off my subscription.

ViLayer is a great server company so don't worry haha. you just joined at the right time :P

Day 3

Yeah kinda disappointed they have they'd have their entire operation rest on one person (get well soon, whoever you are). But I'll update this thread as soon as I hear anything. i hope it's back by this weekend

Yeah kinda disappointed they have they'd have their entire operation rest on one person (get well soon, whoever you are). But I'll update this thread as soon as I hear anything. i hope it's back by this weekend

They dont. They jave around 6 support people from what I can see and that doesn't include the data centre staff. Lee is the lead coder, hes been doing all the great work with modifying the dayz code and fixing bugs and giving us new features. Be patient they will resolve this as soon as they can.

Edited by -Panda
  • Like 2

Yes, I have this problem as well.

Thanks a lot for clarifying this, I had been resetting my server a thousand times and re-installed the game and everything, so

even though this isn't really good news, it's still nice to know the reason of the problem.

They dont. They jave around 6 support people from what I can see and that doesn't include the data centre staff. Lee is the lead coder, hes been doing all the great work with modifying the dayz code and fixing bugs and giving us new features. Be patient they will resolve this as soon as they can.

And a fantastic job he has been doing. I rent servers at a number of places, and I haven't seen anything as great as what Vilayer offers with regards to customization and server tools. The ease of installing / uninstalling things is unparalelled.

Here's the content of a mail I just got from Vilayer:

This is a mass mail aimed at our clients who have purchased our ARMA DayZ Package Game Service.

As you will all be aware over the past few days when attempting to play on a Vilayer Private Hive server you wont have been able to connect. Also recently our main coder and CEO (Lee) has been in the hospital and just underwent surgery. This has caused a delay in investigating the issues we are currently experiencing. You will have also experienced a delay in our support staff responding to your tickets, this was due to the high influx of tickets that came to us due to this issue.

The issue itself was due to a breach of our hive database. The vilayer hive is based on open source code provided by a 3rd party and by no fault of our own this code was exploited, not just with our hosted services but with several other DayZ providers who use the same base code.

Now what does this mean for you? Well, every DayZ Package server is going to be reset due to the data being un-recoverable. ALL hive data apart from tents and vehicles is going to be reset.

We do regret that this happened and we do apologise but as mentioned above it was out of our control and we couldn't have stopped such an attack.

We will now be working on resetting the hive to a state allowing you to connect with fresh reset servers, after this we will be working on securing the hive to prevent this from happening again in future.

There are those of you who will be wondering how you will be compensated due to this issue. To create a sense of order in the way we deal with good will, we require you to create a support ticket once your service has been restored. We will then work on a first come first serve basis on serving good will allowances.

There is no need to create more than one ticket regarding an issue or good will request, we will deal with every ticket in the order they come to us. If you create multiple tickets it only slows us down providing support to other clients

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, IT HAS BEEN SENT FROM AN UNMONITORED MAILBOX

THIS EMAIL MAY BE SENT REPEATEDLY TO REITERATE THE INFORMATION

Kind Regards

Brad Gyton (General Manager)

Vilayer Ltd

http://www.vilayer.com

Edited by CptHomer

ALL hive data apart from tents and vehicles is going to be reset.

I wonder if this means only saved tents/vehicles

I wonder if this means only saved tents/vehicles

I wonder if this means the vehicles and tents themselves only, or what they contain also...

Well my 2 Servers in the Data Center of Luxembourg (Europe) are not working for now 3 days.

Good thing is that the support is still reacting on my ticket :D

Servers are up but a character wipe? :( Man I had really awesome characters on both lingor and chernarus servers.

Hmm ok well at least one lingor server I play on is up that wasn't yesterday. You are right the chernarus one is still down.

e- it seems it wasn't villayer?

Edited by toastyy

mhmh...didnt look so. :o

Mine is up, has been since last night (UK Friday night)

I offer to let people play on it, but I've pass worded it for my dad and I so we can hoard EVERYTHING!!

Mainly its so he can learn the game! I've been playing like 9 Months and have too many servers I play on and too many groups!

My server is up again now. I got this mail from them:

As i am sure you are all aware for the past few days our DayZ Package Service has been down due to unfortunate circumstances which were out of our control.

Our hive which has been up 100% since it was put online was subjected to a major hack since the latest update.

We use the BLISS hive system in a mass format and unfortunately the BLISS hive in it's latest release has some major vulnerabilities of which we have reported them to BLISS directly.

We are fully aware of how the hackers were able to subject the database to mass scale data injection however we are unable to modify the data to correct the issue.

Over the next 24/48 hours we are going to release a major security release which will hopefully correct and stop this issue from occurring in the future.

We have reset the database of which this has reset all data on the servers, we found that this was the best way to correct the issue and get the services back online without any prior issues.

If you have any further questions please let us know.

Best Regards,

Vilayer LTD

dont think so... i like it..everyone starts again as bambi.. :)

Pretty scummy. They publicly blame Bliss but in reality this was most likely a mysql injection attack via any number of buffer overflow exploits.

Passing the blame torch along instead of taking the flak themselves.

Really professional.

Pretty scummy. They publicly blame Bliss but in reality this was most likely a mysql injection attack via any number of buffer overflow exploits.

Passing the blame torch along instead of taking the flak themselves.

Really professional.

You don't KNOW that. No one but Vilayer themselves do, so what you are posting here is pure conjecture.

Our server is back up, except now all the helicopters on our server wont accept any jerry cans we use on them so we cant fill em up

Anyone else have that problem?

You don't KNOW that. No one but Vilayer themselves do, so what you are posting here is pure conjecture.

No.

Bliss does not have these sorts of exploits in it.

VILayer was (likely) hacked due to any number of SQL injection methods (they dont lock their stuff down). They also weren't running automated backups (wtf?). They also gave out root access to a few customers. So its possible one of them used that access to perform a complete wipe of everything. Either that or a hacker got into their unsecure setup and had some fun out of protest.

Its their fault and they are blaming Bliss hive software.

They are passing the blame torch. They are scumbags.

Edited by Mrdk

Any of you still having issues.. Please Stop your server... uninstall and reinstall your map... you will be up and running.

• Like 1

I now have a "great" problem, whenever I try and install/uninstall a map or actually do anything come to think of it I get "
Duplicate entry '180669' for key 'PRIMARY'" pop up in a box, I have no idea what so ever what the hell this means! Any help would be great!
Edited by ITFN Bite BayKon