oli83

A (long) dayz tale

A dayz tale.

A buddy and I were traveling from Cherno to elektro via the pylons through the trees, the plan was to hit the fire station at the power plant then head north. 

We get to the brow of the hill west of the power plant and scope elektro, i have a m16a2 acog (my favorite gun) and my buddy an as50 with little ammo.no zombies to be seen anywhere which was suprising on a 20ppl server. so after a few mins we follow the pylons to the power station. Half way there I spot someone on the roof of the hospital, we stop to watch his action when I get gunned down out of no where. Ak or similar I believe from behind me.

My buddy who had taken cover nearer the power station saw a 3 man squad run past and enter the power station, he retreats to the tree line north of the power station to watch over my dead body whilst I respawn and make my way from Cherno once again following the same route as before.

From the trees by buddy scopes the area and has a clear view of the firestation tower, all 3 of the guys were looting In there. To avenge my death he drops everyone of them with his as50. 

I finally make it back to my dead body and collect my gear and turn north to meet back up with my buddy who's keeping watch over me. I make it up the hill to meet him, stop to sort out my gear when we spot a ghillied sniper running through the trees a few metres away with an as50. With my buddy being low on ammo I decide to try and rob the guy so I give chase. I see him lie down under a fern to set up to snipe over elektro. I creep round to the side of him and instead of KOS I warn him that I'm there and tell him to drop his weapon. I have my gun free aimed on him at all times, I warn him not to turn around or he will die. I don't get any response so I begin to count down from 5,4,3,2 he turns at me so I open fire and somehow he does not die but he kills me with one shot of his as50. Now that was either very skillfull or very lucky of him. In response my buddy throws a frag grenade into the tree. No kill comes up so he throws a 2nd, still no kill, the sniper then charges off north through the trees not a scratch on him!!!!!!!

Once again I respawn and begin my journey back to my buddy, this time I'm Not that far. My buddy now scoping elektro and the power plant can see quite a few players running around, scoping the firestation tower he sees 2 ppl looting who both get dropped from a sniper nearby. My buddy decides to look for the sniper, after a cpl of mins he comes across a player, pulls out his revolver, the other player turns and looks at my buddy so my buddy empties his revolver into this player who DISCONNECTS!!!! He must of pulled out his Internet connection or something so you still get cheating players!!

I decide to loot the firestation tower which is pissing blood from all the dead bodies in there. I find an Ak with ammo and various essentials. I then head to my dead body which was missing my M16a2 AcOg. Not only did the sniper kill me. He managed to avoid 2 grenades whilst looting my body!!!!! That was the only thing that was missing so it could have been a lot worse. 

right we now finally start heading north, my buddy taking point, we travel so there's a bit of distance between us through the trees. Out of nowhere I hear shots, my buddy is taken fire from our left, I look and cannot see anyone through the trees till its too late, my mate is dead. I see another player running to my mates dead body, the same person who disconnected on my buddy. He is still a distance but I open fire with my AK and he takes cover behind a tree. The player then tells me he is unarmed and not to fire, i also behind a tree leaning out see the player step out from the tree no gun in hand. I'm thinking he has it in his backpack and when I step out he is just going to arm himself and shoot me. Either way he just shot my mate so with the guy standing still with no gun I decide "fuck it" and just opened fire and dropped him!!!!!! Yes he was unarmed but he just gunned down my mate after disconnecting on him so he deserves to die!!!!

To give him some credit he did not have any guns in his back pack but I found a PDW with ammo behind the tree he was hiding behind.

Whilst this was happening my buddy was making his way to me, I traveled south to meet him and led him back to his body.

He runs up to his body and all I hear in the mic is "PLAYER" there was someone looting his body, the player gets up and takes cover behind a tree, I take up position behind another tree 2metres away whilst my mate who is unarmed is running around the 2 of us. Apparently it looked like a scene out of naked gun, both of us so close to each other leaning out taking pot shots at each other!!!!! The player then shouts he is out of ammo and needs a blood transfusion. I wait for my mate to grab his gear and is armed before deciding I might try and help this guy. Putting the fact that we were shooting at each other down to blind panic I step out of cover strafing to the right, my buddy to the left and see the player had armed his hatchet. I tell him to drop the hatchet and we will help, instead of heeding to our instruction he attacks with his hatchet so I run out the way turn and both my buddy and I open fire on the guy dropping him where he stands!

After all this I am now a bandit (been a survivor since august) and my buddy has lost his hero skin. But we had a damn good time. Best session in dayz to date. Sorry the post was so long but hope you enjoyed my tale

Forgot to add,

After a server restart it was night time,we came across a motor bike south of Nobby with no petrol. Searched a nearby barn and got a jerry can. Heading back to the bike a player appears right in front of me I panic and empty an AK mag into him......Nothing!!! He shoots me in the legs so I fall to the ground, I tell my mate to leg it as he is a hacker and your not going to be able to kill him.

The hacker then bandages me up, grabs me and teleports me to the Islam very very very south of the map. Gives me morphine, blood transfusion and teleports away again.

Knowing my fate I decide to give the 10k swim ago, eat, drink, heat pack myself and enter the water

Mean while my mate has filled up the bike and is riding off with the hacker appearing taking shots at him so my mate logs off. The hacker then appears back on the island behind me so instead of giving him the satisfaction of watching me swim then shoot me I log off.

Luckily when I log back on on a different server i was back on the coast, minus everything in my main inventory but I had all my weapons, equipment and back pack. I then called it a night!!!!!