Sign in to follow this  
barrance

Whats going on with servers then...

So, my graphics card broke and it took me a couple months to get round to getting it sorted. Now that I have, im bang on playing some dayz again...

But where are all the players at?? Ive played a looot in the past, and you used to be spoilt for choice with the amount of servers with loads of people (I always try to play on servers with 20-30 or more. Its the potential of survivor shenanigans that keeps me playing) but now i literally cant find any servers (and i mean any at all!) with more than 10 people on.

Whats changed then? lol have i missed out on the new way to find servers? Is my putting "dayz" as the filter in the multiplayer window totally old news? cos i cant seem to see more than 100/200 people ever playing dayz at a time, across ALL servers?

I dont care if some scripting twat blows me away out of nowhere, i just want a server...ANY server that actually has people playing on it!

What am i doing wrong? lol

clear the filter. putting dayz in there has been old news for a long time. however you will find that there are not as many players around on regular servers anymore. most people went to private hives. why? because of cheaters. however there are still a lot of players especially on weekends.

Are you using DayZCommander?

i wasnt! I am now. Seems to be a fair few full servers there, nice one!

But erm, if I came across someone, and ended up shooting them like...loads of times, and they dont die. Is that a hacker? Think i just found one on my first server i tried with commander lol oh what fun

So erm...how does one go about finding a private server? lol

Type priv in filters or look for the white listed servers. Check out Balota Buddies in my sig too, good admins plus passworded and whitelisted.

so, are the days of starting up arma, filtering the multiplayer section and jumping in any server gone now? I want dayz as it was before my gfx card broke lol

Dont know, i have not used that since i installed six and commander :) Commander will do all of the required updates, new maps etc on a far superior interface as well as save fave servers and friends so i don't see the downside :)

yeah commander is sweet. Still not up for playing a million private hives. Guess i can filter out private ones? Just keep my good old one...hive