dzemboc@yahoo.com

Really sick of cheaters Rcon Hack

I have my own server. I rented 1 for a few months in the past and finally 1 day I had 2-3 hackers constantly loggging in and teleporting all vehicles so I shut it down. I thought with the new update things would be diffrent but I was wrong. Even in a private server tonight somone managed not only to hack but they took control of my server. They could talk in global chat and ban players. The cheat is not good enough to remove bans but they can still kick who ever they want.

Any idea how they do this and how to prevent it or termiate the hack ?

IP Removed. I did a GUI ban but he came back after server restart with a new name and new gui.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

Make/get a script restriction code and add it to your server. If you can't find one or don't know how to make one, try and talk to some Private Hive admins (side chat) And see if they can help you out

Make sure you have these implemented: http://code.google.com/p/dayz-community-banlist/source/browse/#git%2Fbans and http://code.google.com/p/dayz-community-banlist/source/browse/#git%2Ffilters%253Fstate%253Dclosed

Check your logs for further evidence also. Sometimes it is good to just join the server and witness the goings on with a capture tool like fraps, dxtory or msi afterburner etc... this way if you report them with solid proof you should be able to get their GUID perma banned (provided they are caught doing the same on other servers also).

I read in the stickies that you should not post IP addresses (its easy for people to change IP's also), so you might want to edit your first post.

But thats the thing...This guy was not even on my server. He somehow was connecting to my rcon settings. Even after kicking and banning him he was still connected. There was nothing I could do other than turn off the server.

I did the hack was pulling the password. it was a script. I change password and 2 seconds later he was back in......Its not good enough to remove bans so he couldn't unban his ip but he could still ban people at will.