Sign in to follow this  
madmaxusmc

1st Battalion, 9th Marine Regiment "The Walking Dead" USMC [1/9-WDU] Is Recruiting Players Who Want an Organized Day Z Clan

1st Battalion, 9th Marines The Walking Dead USMC (1/9-WDU) is a military realism unit focused on the the Day Z mod for ArmA2 OA. Our mission is to provide a gaming environment that simulates the traditions, tactics, discipline and structure of the a United States Marine Corps Infantry Battalion as closely as possible. Integrity and respect are the guiding principles behind 1/9-WDU. Our ranks include actual infantry and security forces Marines along with criminal justice professionals. We strive to reproduce the camaraderie or "Esprit De Corps” that the structure and discipline of a military environment brings. Veteran military, police, those who are considering joining these professions, or anyone who enjoys a highly structured environment will find a home here.

Military experience is NOT required.

On the server, we regularly run "Operation Cherno Greenzone" exercises. During these events, The 1/9 WDU Clan enforces a bandit free zone in Cherno through force of arms and military tactics. WE DO NOT USE SCRIPTS OR ADMIN POWERS TO ACCOMPLISH THIS. These exercises provide a unique and fun experience for survivors and for bandits who try to crack our defenses.

To find the server search "1/9 WDU" in Day Z Commander, or use the IP 173.193.48.140:2392

1/9 offers military style training in infantry tactics, scout sniper, Helicopter piloting/crew and more.

To apply to our unit visit http://19wdu/recruitment .

15gsas3.jpg

Edited by MadMaxUSMC

Still a very fun group to play with on the server they provide and a great community behind it with the players who are normals on the server will testify to how great they are and just the fun is back in the game

Please keep in mind that we restart our server every 3 hours. The reasoning for that is that at around the 4th hour of uptime the server starts to deteriorate which causes slow or no loot spawns, desync on time as well as lag issues. So the restarts are necessary to keep everything running as smoothly as possible. Also, just in case some of you don't know, a restart also spawns new vehicles if one has been destroyed and also wipes all loot on the ground and respawns new items. The restarts usually take 1-2 minutes before the server is up and all tents and vehicles are saved.

A couple questions, is this a true military group, with real military expierience? How serious is the group about gaming? Is there a TS or Skype to join team chat? Just wondering so I can make a decision on playing on this server.

Edited by Leadon77

A couple questions, is this a true military group, with real military expierience? How serious is the group about gaming? Is there a TS or Skype to join team chat? Just wondering so I can make a decision on playing on this server.

We are a true military group based on the U.S. Marine Corps. I am the Commanding Officer, and I spent 4 years active duty with the infantry. We have a clan Teamspeak. Once you have filled out an application, I will be happy to speak with you in depth about who we are and what we do in an interview.

• Like 1

Yes, 18 and over only please.

Good to know, played on your server the other day... that is awesome your team makes Cherno a green zone.

Do you help regulars on the server? I'd seen that a gentleman broke his leg and you guys went out of your way to help him get back on his feet. Is this a frequent occurance?

Good to know, played on your server the other day... that is awesome your team makes Cherno a green zone.

That has been quite popular with the clan and players alike. As we grow we are planning on conducting those operations several times per day.

Awesome i must apply first, So with time in service do i get an immediate promotion? I spent 7 years in the ARMY E6 highest grade, spent in tanks, as a Gunner and TC, then served 1.5 years in Baghdad working with infantry. I'll be applying in about 30 minutes. Thanks for the reply.

Awesome i must apply first, So with time in service do i get an immediate promotion? I spent 7 years in the ARMY E6 highest grade, spent in tanks, as a Gunner and TC, then served 1.5 years in Baghdad working with infantry. I'll be applying in about 30 minutes. Thanks for the reply.

We respect your military Service. However, we also respect the effort existing members have given the unit. Everyone starts as a recruit and moves up from there.

Played on this server the other day, great gameplay, great sim, excellent admins! Very active server, and admins. The admins are quick to take care of hackers, and very helpful.

Hello guys, I frequented your 'MadMax" server for the past few weeks. This evening I was @ NWAF helping people, You can ask imaniceguy if he ever relogs to your server. I was on top of the Firestation, when a player teleported to my location and then shot me with an M1911. I'm currently under the assumption that the person in question is an admin, seeing as both battle eye and gotcha failed to kick him for his teleportation. I'd like to thank you for operating a server where stuff like this didn't happen, but as it stands that isn't true I wont be returning to your servers. I know, no sweat off your back right? What's one guy? I had seriously been considering donating to your servers to keep them up because I like to play in a fair environment, I'm sure that's why lots of people choose to play there. If you cannot keep your members from abusing their admin rights, you're going to alienate your community. Thanks.

App sent over a week ago. No response. Consider it withdrawn at this point. I ended up finding a group/server to play on since anyway.

Hey MADMAX, My IGN is PCH. i was on your server last night, and i had been for the past couple of nights. I disconnected last night because a hacker came, caused the server to be rolled back, then another hacker came, and the server got rolled back again. so i disconnected for the night after the second hacker, because it was late, and i was tired. i try to rejoin today, and im banned with the reason: "Nice try PCH" i didn't do anything. maybe the admin thought i was the hacker since I didn't rejoin? anyway, id like to be unbanned, if possible, and if not, a valid explanation as to why I'm banned. Thanks in advance

PCH