Sign in to follow this  
unkillable94

Guardians of DayZ (GDZ) - forming and taking applicants, different positions available

Hello, I go by the name of Mazon and I am here to discuss the new clan I am creating in the hopes of benefiting all of DayZ. I recently discovered DayZ through a friend, and it is amazing. That said, with the release of the standalone in the next 1.5 months top according to Rocket, it would be a waste to buy ArmA 2 just for this mod and then buy the standalone too. So, this will be a standalone clan. I want to get things organized, though, so when the launch arrives we can hit the ground running.

Some basic info, this clan is dedicated to helping people out. We will have different positions that we will use in collaboration with eachother to maximize our results. The goal is to help new players as much as possible as well as veteran players. This will include, but is not limited to:

-giving medical aid: We will raid hospitals and other locations and hoard medical supplies. Occasionally we will go around to various stops looking for survivors and offering help. Idealy at some point we will own a helicoptor, bus and ural which we can keep at our headquarters we build to make this much easier.

-killing bandits: a big problem new players and old alike face is bandits. If we see bandits or players who kill on sight, we will eliminate them.

-trading with veterans: to keep our weapons loaded and other essential matters, we will trade with more experienced players, exchanging medical supplies for whatever they have to offer.

-equipping new players: If we help a new player who is unarmed or underarmed (axe, crowbar, etc.) we will give them a weapon and ammo. (Likely a pistol or light weapon and ammo). (They are not to touch the weapon until told to do so)

If we have enough, we could potentially have multiple teams operating at once, including:

-medic: carries the medical supplies and conducts trades, will likely carry an assault rifle. Likely a high-ranking clan member and the leader of the field team.

-support: 2-3 will accompany the medic, helping to control potential threats and protecting the medic. Will likely be armed with shotguns, assault rifles or PDWs.

-backup: 2-3 others who will act as snipers as a safety net should the support team be killed. Their job will be to keep crosshairs on the players we are dealing with at all times, and if things go bad killing the attackers and guarding the team's bodies.

-driver: will drive the vehicle, either the helicoptor or land vehicle. We may have 2 if we have a bus and truck for example, one for transporting players and another for fuel and supplies.

So here is how a normal encounter will work:

-Someone spots a player/group of players and announces it.

-The driver parks/lands a safe distance away and the team gets out.

-The medic and support team approach the targets

-The snipers spread out, find cover, and put their sights on the targets

-The medic will announce the friendly intent and will ask the player(s) to drop all weapons and crouch, backing away from their weapons. This is not a threat. Be nice, ask their names and give yours, explain that we want to help them, etc. Failure to comply will result in limbs being broken to avoid a potential threat.

-If a player does not drop their weapon, they are to be shot in the legs and bandaged. If they still do not comply, they will be killed.

-If a player is killed, the medic will announce the loot through voice chat (likely Skype) and anyone on the team can claim as much as they need to take, the rest of the dead player's group keep the rest.

-The medic will ask if the player/group has anyone who needs blood, if so a transfusion will be given. If a players limbs are forced to be broken, the medic will give a member of the group a morphine injector, not to be used until the team is gone.

-The medic will ask if the player/group is short on supplies (bandages, morphine, blood, food, drinks, fuel if there is a working vehicle)

-The player/group will be asked if he/she/they would like a ride (if there is room in the vehicles)

-If so, take them where they want to go within reason.

-If not, the medic asks them to leave their weapons on the ground and to not move until the team is a safe distance away.

-The medic/support team moves back to the vehicle for exfil, and once they are a safe distance away the sniper team does the same.

-The group reunites at the vehicles, the medic distributes loot if there is any, and they continue on.

A few things I must stress:

-This is not a hostile group, when we ask people to drop their weapons and crouch it is for the safety of our operatives, not to hold them hostage or kidnap them.

-If someone does not comply, but the weapon is dropped, aim only for the legs. Do NOT shoot to kill. Bandage them immediately.

-The same goes for those who will not drop the weapon.

-Keep a safe distance from players at all times, they can access our bags.

-If the team is fired on by a single player, the entire group is considered hostile and can be killed/looted.

-The resources are pooled. Everyone will get their own water bottle, but food, drink, medical supplies, and ammo will be rationed.

-Hunting is encouraged. If you see an animal, by all means announce it and kill/carve it. Bring the uncooked food back to the base for safety, it will be built in a heavily wooded area so cooking will be much safer. Unless someone is starving and there isn't enough food with you.

-There are guidelines as to what kind of weapon each role can use, but each player will be able to choose what weapon he uses from that category. If you don't like the standard weapon we have, say the M4 for support, by all means if you find an FAL or M16 in the field and like it better, bring it back with you. Secondary weapons are completely up to the player.

-If you betray the clan (which includes running away during an operation) or are caught stealing supplies, you will be restrained (legs broken) and tried by a clan officer or the highest ranking member on the team. If you have no good excuse, you will be killed on sight and kicked out of the clan. No exceptions.

I hope this is something people would be interested in, a medical team would bring a lot of brightness into the DayZ world, especially to new players with little to no gear. If you would be interesting, let me know here or on our website I will be creating in the next few days (I will link here when it is live.)

Cheers :D

-Mazon

Edited by Mazon

Making a Standalone clan when Standalone hasn't been released and you haven't even properly played the Alpha...

Good luck with that.

Making a Standalone clan when Standalone hasn't been released and you haven't even properly played the Alpha...

Good luck with that.

Like I said, it happens on a lot of games. Why not prepare before launch so that when it comes we aren't struggling to take care of everything?

And I have played it, I've logged about 36+ hours in the last couple weeks which is about all the free time I have.

Really like the idea, I'm quite new to dayz, but am experienced in arma at flying helicopters and also (but not as much) sniping.

I'd definetely be interested in joining up.