Matthaeus8

Best Frap Settings For Dayz Gameplay recording

In short. There isn't, the fraps settings are there for different reasons, but mainly to do with how well your pc can handle recording while running a CPU heavy game.

Make sure Fraps is installed on your main drive and esp not a networked drive. It will Kill your FPS.

The faster the HD the better. And try not to record in a widescreen resolution else it will only give u problems when rendering the video for uploading to youtube etc.

To be able to capture with fraps and especially if your going HD like 720 or 1080 you need a powerhouse of a computer to still have playable framerates.

Im currently running i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz, 8gb ram, 680GTX, and only SSD drives. I run the game @ 2560x1440 for true 720p HD in 50fps and I get 30fps in game so there is a roughly idea what you need. Bandicam is better because it produces files that wont eat your HDD space. Fraps is loss less and thus 1 minute is about 2gb at my settings.

Yeah FRAPS hasn't really been keeping pace with the times. It's still single-threaded which means the bottleneck for most people is going to be CPU -- I pegged my CPU 100% and recorded no better on an SSD than I did on a regular drive.

I improved FRAPS performance greatly by overclocking my CPU.

To be able to capture with fraps and especially if your going HD like 720 or 1080 you need a powerhouse of a computer to still have playable framerates.

Im currently running i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz' date=' 8gb ram, 680GTX, and only SSD drives. I run the game @ 2560x1440 for true 720p HD in 50fps and I get 30fps in game so there is a roughly idea what you need. Bandicam is better because it produces files that wont eat your HDD space. Fraps is loss less and thus 1 minute is about 2gb at my settings.

[/quote']

Im running with a GTX580, I5 2500k 4.4Ghz, 8G ram, on a regular 7200rpm HDD and i record in x1080, 100quality with Bandicam with playable fps... around 30.

Using everything on Very high except for Shadows/Hdr on Normal, Post off.

Yeah FRAPS hasn't really been keeping pace with the times. It's still single-threaded which means the bottleneck for most people is going to be CPU -- I pegged my CPU 100% and recorded no better on an SSD than I did on a regular drive.

I improved FRAPS performance greatly by overclocking my CPU.

+1

Damn old software :(

Make sure Fraps is installed on your main drive and esp not a networked drive. It will Kill your FPS.

The faster the HD the better. And try not to record in a widescreen resolution else it will only give u problems when rendering the video for uploading to youtube etc.

The problem is related to 16:10 resolutions. Lots of programs don't render 16:10 so you end up getting black bars at the edge of the video to make it fit in 16:9 without cutting anything off if you don't do anything.

I also recommend you try playclaw, for me it runs a lot smoother than fraps. Also the new 3.0 version has more features and is faster then before.