SyNtax_error (DayZ)

Server side infinite loading screen.

Before anyone says anything, this is not client side it is server side.

After a restart the yesterday around 2 pm, I was unable to rejoin my server due to the infinite loading screen problem. So I promptly troubleshot using every client side fix out there. After which I had some friends try to join and they were unable to. After which I reinstalled 1.7.3, reinstalled, and then reinstalled with a full wipe. Still no luck.

After checking log files I something anomalous:

3:54:30 "OBJ: "5180521"car_hatchback"

3:54:30 Error in expression <: " + str(_idKey) + _type);

_object = createVehicle [_type, _pos, [], 0, "CAN_>

3:54:30 Error position: <createVehicle [_type, _pos, [], 0, "CAN_>

3:54:30 Error setdir: Type String, expected Number

3:54:30 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 62

There was a hacker on a about an hour before and he was kicked and reported by a friend of mine, he may have teleported a vehicle to a glitchey place or something along those line, any help would be appreciated and I can also dump more logs.

i have the same problem. i read the hiveext,log and some object have messed up the position and location with random warbage like string with random characters or broken arrays or simple no pos/dir.

after have no reply from my ticket i manage to fix the problem, based on the error log and the hive source on github, ignoring the broken object in the stream object.

if (_damage < 1 and (typeName _dir == "SCALAR") and (typeName _pos == "ARRAY")) then {
if (count _pos == 3) then {

compiled pbo with working fix: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gpa1gitjgf39i0k

(everyone can decompile and compare the edited lines)

if i cant post a link please delete the link.

Do you use Rcon Tool? I have the same issue with all maps but Lingor, Utes, and Cherno - When I log in to Rcon I see I get booted on launch saying "That Guy kicked by Rcon Restriction #0 Remote something or another Bla Bla Bla" - I have done the same as you on re-install and I always make sure I am updated same as Server - Even if I am not logged into Rcon I still get the Loading Screen - I have a Community Hive through Survival Server and I am about to ask for a restore to day 1 as a new client - This all started for me when I installed the Bec and Anti Hax and Whitelist Pro - I have un-installed all also but still get the issue..

Do you use Rcon Tool? I have the same issue with all maps but Lingor, Utes, and Cherno - When I log in to Rcon I see I get booted on launch saying "That Guy kicked by Rcon Restriction #0 Remote something or another Bla Bla Bla" - I have done the same as you on re-install and I always make sure I am updated same as Server - Even if I am not logged into Rcon I still get the Loading Screen - I have a Community Hive through Survival Server and I am about to ask for a restore to day 1 as a new client - This all started for me when I installed the Bec and Anti Hax and Whitelist Pro - I have un-installed all also but still get the issue..

Actual Message I see in Rcon - has been kicked by BattlEye: MPEventHandler RemoteExec Restriction #0

Actual Message I see in Rcon - has been kicked by BattlEye: MPEventHandler RemoteExec Restriction #0

This is what i see a lot on my server. God knows why. Again, I only started seeing this when i installed anti-hax.

Is there a fix?

This is what i see a lot on my server. God knows why. Again, I only started seeing this when i installed anti-hax.

Is there a fix?

This is the same exact problem we're having with our server. It's a brand new server we just established, we have BEC/AntiHax installed, it's a private hive. From what I can tell, this issue is more of a private hive issue than anything else. I have tried numerous things, but not all I get is stuck at loading screen, check rcon, and I get the exact same:

has been kicked by BattlEye: MPEventHandler RemoteExec Restriction #0

Does anyone know of a fix or a reason why this happening?

Thanks.

I do have a Community Hive it was happening on SurvivalServers (I believe the best Host Company Out There, I have tried almost all of them ) and I resolved the issue by removing BEC/AntiHax, uninstalled all map updates and uninstalled Bliss 4.0 and re-installed Bliss 4.0 and Map Updates, the only issue I have now is when I try to change the map to Celle and I or anyone joins the Server we get a big message about the key is invalid for this Server but I can join other Celle Servers( didn't like the map anyways :) So the other 6 Maps I have work fine

I do have a Community Hive it was happening on SurvivalServers (I believe the best Host Company Out There, I have tried almost all of them ) and I resolved the issue by removing BEC/AntiHax, uninstalled all map updates and uninstalled Bliss 4.0 and re-installed Bliss 4.0 and Map Updates, the only issue I have now is when I try to change the map to Celle and I or anyone joins the Server we get a big message about the key is invalid for this Server but I can join other Celle Servers( didn't like the map anyways :) So the other 6 Maps I have work fine

Thanks for letting me know. Since we're also on Survival Servers, I'll give that a shot. However, did you try reinstalling BEC/AntiHax? If so, does your server still work?

I have the issue of people getting kicked for "MPEventHandler RemoteExec Restriction #0"

I was hoping an update with Bliss might fix it, Oh well. best get to work ;)

Edited by DayZGeneration

I have the issue of people getting kicked for "MPEventHandler RemoteExec Restriction #0"

I was hoping an update with Bliss might fix it, Oh well. best get to work ;)

Are you on Survival Servers?

Thanks for letting me know. Since we're also on Survival Servers, I'll give that a shot. However, did you try reinstalling BEC/AntiHax? If so, does your server still work?

No, I was afraid I would have the same issues so just use BattlEye and watch logs again :(

No, I was afraid I would have the same issues so just use BattlEye and watch logs again :(

Yep, this is most certainly the issue, because I did exactly what you did.. Practically uninstalled everything, then reinstalled Bliss and Map Version, booted server, worked perfectly. Then, I tried to install BEC/AntiHax again - then the same problem as before popped up: "MPEventHandler RemoteExec Restriction #0" - I thought maybe it was just perhaps the admin config, and only admins were getting this error, but regular users are too..

I will add to my existing ticket with SS about this and let them know BEC and AntiHax install isn't working.. I'll let you know if I get any word back from them.

• Like 2

Yep, this is most certainly the issue, because I did exactly what you did.. Practically uninstalled everything, then reinstalled Bliss and Map Version, booted server, worked perfectly. Then, I tried to install BEC/AntiHax again - then the same problem as before popped up: "MPEventHandler RemoteExec Restriction #0" - I thought maybe it was just perhaps the admin config, and only admins were getting this error, but regular users are too..

I will add to my existing ticket with SS about this and let them know BEC and AntiHax install isn't working.. I'll let you know if I get any word back from them.

That would be great - Thank you

Are you on Survival Servers?

Yeh and it only started doing it when i install Anti-hax.

Edited by DayZGeneration

I got a response back from Survival Servers about this, and as we all mostly suspected, it's an issue with Antihax:

We recommend not using Anti-hax for the time being until we can release a newer update.

We highly recommend using gotcha anti-hax because it is currently the best hacking prevention tool: http://www.gotcha-antihack.com/index.php/about-gotcha

You have to sign up but it is a quick and painless process.

To fix your server, uninstall anti-hax and then reinstall bliss 4.0

So there you have it. I'm going to test out Gotcha today at some point. Looks cool because it has a desktop client with an rcon tool. Good luck guys!

I got a response back from Survival Servers about this, and as we all mostly suspected, it's an issue with Antihax:

So there you have it. I'm going to test out Gotcha today at some point. Looks cool because it has a desktop client with an rcon tool. Good luck guys!

Thank you for the update - If we are all Survival Servers does anyone have a Community one like I? Wouldn't mind bouncing a Server every once in while

Edited by Wabid Wabit

Thank you for the update - If we are all Survival Servers does anyone have a Community one like I? Wouldn't mind bouncing a Server every once in while

Community hive here

I am running a server with official Hive at the moment.

Alot of people get kicked by BattlEye for "Client not responding".

Which ends in those people getting stuck on "Loading..." and you need to kill the process.

Really annoying and no idea what is causing it.

It doesn't happen to everyone but alot of people.

So if it is an Official Hive and not Private then it has to be the clients in my opinion, they need to make sure they are updated to match your Server with DayZ update which was my issue for a while until I figured it, also they need to make sure that they are waiting until the BattlEye is done in either updated if they are not current or finished initializing in the lobby before they launch which was another issue for me, after I figured both of those out I was all set ans haven't had issues again until I got a Private Community Hive which learning the Map updates and changing them was a pain is Azz = Hope this helps, also I love your product -

So if it is an Official Hive and not Private then it has to be the clients in my opinion, they need to make sure they are updated to match your Server with DayZ update which was my issue for a while until I figured it, also they need to make sure that they are waiting until the BattlEye is done in either updated if they are not current or finished initializing in the lobby before they launch which was another issue for me, after I figured both of those out I was all set ans haven't had issues again until I got a Private Community Hive which learning the Map updates and changing them was a pain is Azz = Hope this helps, also I love your product -

It's happening to like 3/4 of all players who try to join so I am pretty certain that it's a serverside problem.