Sign in to follow this  
master hyde

[Admin] Question about hackers

So, i had my first hacker on my server: 3472 named Bin Landin. He shot me on the coast of komorovo while i was going to pick up a noobie to hang out with. I thought "meh, i should have known better than to take my truck straight to the coast". But then 15 secs later he is in gorka killing someone else. You see, we had a 8 man group on my server; but since we dont use clan tags, no one knows that :)

So now i have a friend who just died half a map away, and the guy he was with is now also dead (3 down thus far). He then gets sniped by our pro friend while he tries to get on the ATV. WIN! Then 10 secs after that, he is back shooting at our pro friend with a AK at over 800m with near perfect accuracy. I already have put 2 and 2 together and banned the guid before he could kill a 4th person.

And then i noticed his IP was from china. Do you guys find that hackers most have china/asian IPs to get around the bans? Because i dont know of too many asian peeps playing DAYZ. If i could ban that whole continent IP addresses... i probably would at this point. Any opinions?

Well i not server owner....but not like cheats too....got rational idea here:

Baning whole asian IP range lil bit too radical....not all ppl there bad you know.

But if there way to ban cheater CD KEY on your server only its be good rational way of dealing with any future ppl like that.

Edited by Alucardum

Well i not server owner....but not like cheats too....got rational idea here:

Baning whole asian IP range lil bit too radical....not all ppl there bad you know.

But if there way to ban cheater CD KEY on your server only its be good rational way of dealing with any future ppl like that.

can we get this translated to propper english?

So, i had my first hacker on my server: 3472 named Bin Landin. He shot me on the coast of komorovo while i was going to pick up a noobie to hang out with. I thought "meh, i should have known better than to take my truck straight to the coast". But then 15 secs later he is in gorka killing someone else. You see, we had a 8 man group on my server; but since we dont use clan tags, no one knows that :)

So now i have a friend who just died half a map away, and the guy he was with is now also dead (3 down thus far). He then gets sniped by our pro friend while he tries to get on the ATV. WIN! Then 10 secs after that, he is back shooting at our pro friend with a AK at over 800m with near perfect accuracy. I already have put 2 and 2 together and banned the guid before he could kill a 4th person.

And then i noticed his IP was from china. Do you guys find that hackers most have china/asian IPs to get around the bans? Because i dont know of too many asian peeps playing DAYZ. If i could ban that whole continent IP addresses... i probably would at this point. Any opinions?

It is possible for him to have a dynamic IP which means it changes every time he turns on his computer so a determined hacker with a Dynamic IP address could possibly rejoin a server. I do it to Vent servers to troll.

That is just one school of though.

But if you have a consistent problem with asian ip's then I'd say by all means ban the whole country if you have to. Its not your problem and whats the worst that could happen?

Hackers are from everywhere..... I have my server ping limit 150. It can be annoying from time to time, but keeps out alot of foreign players away......

can we get this translated to propper english?

Anyone else finding this ironic?

• Like 1

it already bans your GUID when you ban somone unless you specifically ban their IP, you could always ban both if you feel the need

also banning a whole country is against the rules as a server owner, if u were using a private hive go ahead, but u are route blocking alot of innocents so u will get in shit if the dayz staff find out