Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Awesome

Spawn in at Friend!

Aloha,

i would like to have the chance to spawn in at my Friends position!

Why? Well if we die or one of us, is the only thing we do for the next 45 minutes searching each other, i actually dont even play in that time, we just run forever along the beaches to find us! And if we found us we start the actually survival again! Maybe i dont see a bigger problem behind this suggestion, but i would to skip spawn at each other part!

I know, u would not lose all ur stuff if u spawn back in time to loot your self! But the stuff could just dissapear if someone respawns in at his friend!

What u think about that?

It's not just about looting your dead body. It's about the pvp too. If you were in a firefight and a friend dies, he could easily spawn back to position.

Terrible idea for many reasons.. such as

-Spawning right back into a firefight after you die at your friend

-Removing the aspect of finding one another after you both die which can lead to many awesome adventures

And so on..

My suggestion is that you would spawn 'close' to your chosen player-friend. For example, if my buddy and I were in Cherno, and I died, I would spawn two grid-squares from him, using dayzmap.info's map.

how about this: you have the option in lobby to spawn to where you left off (though obviously not if you died) or to spawn on the beach somewhere with a friend or two from the lobby.

This way if you're playing in a group and someone dies, you can all choose to return to the lobby and spawn together on the beach.

That stops the problems inherent with "spawn on player" such as abusing the mechanic as a way to teleport to a friend who is in trouble.

Aloha' date='

i would like to have the chance to spawn in at my Friends position!

What u think about that?

[/quote']

Aloha back - so where exactly do you set someone as your friend to spawn onto? How would you select him/her? Unfortunately ARMA II lacks any kind of friend/social functions, except teams, which are not relevant in DayZ.

Spawning at a friends position would generally brake many aspects of the game, death would not put you at any disadvantage at all, you could just have your friend guard your body and then loot it, its bascially a FF-corpse run.

Should ARMA II or the mod support some kind of friend function, it would be good to see your friends position on a map or by a hud indicator (distance). You would still have to move through Chernarus to get there tough. Would make socializing much more attractive.

Spawn at any player you select would really be devastating. Many bandits would abuse this feature. However, there should be a "fresh start spawn together" feature. I don't know how this would be accomplish but I tried to find a friend yesterday and we both failed hard at that. After a houre of not finding eachother we just started to go our own way, wich was kind of dumb, since we wanted to coop together :/ The only people I found while running along the shore, were damn muderers who shot me on sight :(

Imho this kinda breaks the whole appeal and tension created by permadeath.

You die, you die - you SHOULD lose your stuff, location, friends. Otherwise it's "no big deal" to die, and all tension is lost.

It's not just about looting your dead body. It's about the pvp too. If you were in a firefight and a friend dies' date=' he could easily spawn back to position.

[/quote']

+1

If you where in a Firefight with far combat guns and you killed them both you would think "L00T1NG T1M3" But when you go over there they both would have respawned and would be ready for you when you go looting.