Sign in to follow this  
Stings2pee

Vehicle Hogging & Debug Forest

Based on my in-game experience thus far (and correct me if I'm wrong) I'm assuming that:

1) Vehicles will no longer spawn on a server once the 'cap' has been reached and they've all been fixed, taken, and hidden.

2) Vehicles can de-spawn if they're destroyed (thus putting that vehicle back into circulation and re-spawning in another spawn point across the server).

So, in theory, an 8+ member clan could easily monopolize an entire server's vehicles and hide them in remote areas making them almost impossible to find (especially if hidden in the debug area outside the map). That being said, here's my questions:

Q#1: What's the "official" word on players going into the debug forest? I know Rocket made a thread about it being against the rules to kill loading players there. But, in general, is it off-limits? Is storing vehicles there "legal"?

Q#2: This is more of a suggestion, but I think it would be wise for all servers to reset the vehicle cache (say once a month?). That way it'll give solo players a fighting chance to claim a vehicle before an organized group takes them all and hides them hundreds of kilometers outside the map.

A vehicle reset every month is a silly idea.

Someone from the dev team posted that they would recommend Rocket to make vehicles/tents unsavable outside of the map boundaries so that stops people from hoarding them out there where they will never be found.

Will people hoard them inside the map boundary? Yeah of course, my clan does it.. but the fact of the matter is that the map is only so big and there really isn't any "safe" spots to hide them so they are findable.. it's even better than you finding it at it's spawn point because it will already be repaired and full of loot for you!

Also, the debug forest is inside the map boundaries and is quite close to a town and players sometimes have their location reset to it so hiding vehicles around it would be a terrible idea.

I agree. If they were to disable vehicles from being allowed to save outside the map, then resetting the vehicle cache wouldn't be a necessary measure to prevent hoarding. Thanks for your reply.

I agree with OP

limit 2 vehicles for person to own and respawn new vehicles every day.

vehicles make this mod actually playable.

vehicles make this mod actually playable.

What toss. Vehicles are handy but far, far, FAR from being essential to playability.

its really not that hard to find vehicles so long as you arent tied down to one server. when i want to go cruising in dayz i head to cherno with a buddy. we get geared up with car parts, go to a spot where a car spawns. and check all the servers till we find a car spawned there. usually doesnt take more than 5 minutes to find a server with a car there.

the key is knowing the car spawn locations

I dont get why there are so few vehicles anyway. Raise the cap.

I think it's mostly because vehicles lag the server. Especially when they get damaged.