Sign in to follow this  
deaded38

[FIX] Spawning Unconscious [FIX]

Hey. I know a lot of you are having trouble not spawning conscious. Lucky for you, I have a very simple fix for those still having trouble. Here's what you should do to fix it:

1. Start Arma.

2. Go to Profiles in the main menu.

3. Select your default profile (the one you had when you bought Arma).

4. Join a server.

5. Disconnect.

6. Change to your custom profile.

7. Rejoin any server.

After these steps it should work.

Mods, if I seem to be posting in the wrong forum, please move this thread. I couldn't seem to find a good place to put this. Thanks.

You know that you usually spawn unconcious when previously logging out while beeing in shock state, right?

So the easiest way of getting rid of this problem is to simply wait until your shock state is over for logging off. I doubt it has anything to do with creating a new char

Yeah, I know. But some people were having problems respawning even after they waited until their shock was over. If you look around the forums, you'll probably see some help request threads.

I've been quite a lot recently on the troubleshooting section of this forums and what I can tell from my pov that it's not that common - but OK, if you say there are people having this issue, it might have a right to exist :)

@EpeeNoire, It is happening to me no matter how hard I try.

Every time I rejoin any server I spawn unconscious. And its worse because the people around me are A a ghost and aren't really in the game or B total ***** and don't understand instructions on how to epipen people.

And add to the fact that I need to restart my game when ever it starts to lag because the crazy amounts or resources cans take.

This patch was suppose to fix lag, now its worse. Oh and the gamma stuff is worse now, some people can still see clear as day.

Yes, it didn't help.

The problem is, last night a friend, who was a ghost shot me in the foot to see if he could hurt players in that one server, which is ours anyways, now whenever I go there I'm knocked out but everywhere else Im fine unless I D/C while knocked out.

This is sooo annoying. Sometimes when I join, i will be unconscious for about 5mins.

I do not even think I was in shock, it just sometimes happens randomly. I just alt+tabbed and found this thread because I was just unconscious for 5mins, during which time my m8 came online and told me to join his server. as soon as I got up, i walked about 5m, quit, and joined his server.

I am now unconscious again!! Right now while I am typing I am unconscious in game, and it will take 5mins again. This is a very very frustrating bug, please fix.

Damn... I don't know why this doesn't work for other people. It sure worked for me.

If I start the game via Steam, I do not spawn unconscious, but instead I am invisible. If I start it non-steam, I am forced unconscious for about 5 minutes before being able to move. Every time.

If i recall correctly you have to stay in the game for 30 mins after you wake up if you DC while in shock and I think you have to wait 5 mins after the icon goes away before you log out to not have this happen. That being said I sometimes get that at random not having even been hit for hours before DC.

If i recall correctly you have to stay in the game for 30 mins after you wake up if you DC while in shock and I think you have to wait 5 mins after the icon goes away before you log out to not have this happen. That being said I sometimes get that at random not having even been hit for hours before DC.

[FIX]

I spawned unconscious AT ALL TIMES. WITHOUT shock. However, after dying, it all turned back to normal. So if you have the same problem: Die. It's worth an attempt. This is most likely a bug. So it has nothing to do with being in shock (not for me, at least) or being in-game for less than 5 minutes.

Yes, of course you can kill yourself and lose all of your equipment in the process... It's not something I would do, though.

Yes' date=' of course you can kill yourself and lose all of your equipment in the process... It's not something I would do, though.

[/quote']

Well, you could put the stuff in a vehicle or tent. Or just kill yourself at the shore, then respawn and respawn till you end up there.