Sign in to follow this  
elf cakes

Bring back the debug menu! or at least another way to find out my humanity!

I think the best way to show that you are a bandit is to have your skin colour become more sallow and sickly looking, maybe even more additional cuts and bruises, red eyes like you haven't slept in a while, etc. I hate the debug menu, I'm with rocket. Visuals tell a better story, as long as its done right. If you have good humanity, obviously your skin stays healthy. I am really not a fan of changing the foundation of the skin, like making your head totally different. Just sticking to enhancing (or dehancing in this case) your character - to me - is the best way to go.

• Like 1

(PS you repeated yourself again. : P)
Only because you said you didn't want me to, fudd ^_^

It makes no difference, seeing as how you can't seem to grasp a simple point.

- Chabowski out

I think the best way to show that you are a bandit is to have your skin colour become more sallow and sickly looking, maybe even more additional cuts and bruises, red eyes like you haven't slept in a while, etc. I hate the debug menu, I'm with rocket. Visuals tell a better story, as long as its done right. If you have good humanity, obviously your skin stays healthy. I am really not a fan of changing the foundation of the skin, like making your head totally different. Just sticking to enhancing (or dehancing in this case) your character - to me - is the best way to go.

I actually like this. Would be awesome if your character became more 'rugged' as your humanity dropped.

I actually like this. Would be awesome if your character became more 'rugged' as your humanity dropped.

Agreed, but with caution. I don't want to look like Justin Bieber at 40k humanity. I want to look humanitarian... and epic at same time.

• Like 1

I'd probably be ok with a way to see your blood level, but as of the standalone this (reportedly) won't matter with the new health system. I don't think humanity will last long in it's current form either, as there are many, much better ideas to achieve the same goal.

Seeing your kills is an absolute advantage, and alters the gameplay in a negative way. If you fire at someone from from a distance, and they hide in a bush. You fire into the bush, then the magical kill count clicks up by one, you're free to skip down and loot his stuff. But with no kill count you'll never know whether you actually killed him or not without going to confirm the kill yourself. He may be dead, he may have run away, or he may be waiting to ambush you. If you want to keep score, pull out a pad and pencil and put a hash mark when you find the body. You DEFINITELY shouldn't know how many zombies there are on the server. That is a clear advantage, especially in the game's current form, as it gives you an idea where players are. Once the zombies are independent of players then this won't matter anyway.

So the idea isn't to take away the debug meter to make the game harder for you, but more so that it will soon be irrelevant. Think how many folks would have said, "A game where you have to eat, drink, and can even break your leg? No one will EVER play that, it's too realistic." That's why there hasn't been a game like this until now, and precisely why there is such a large "cult" following. Just sit back and watch what happens, and I bet you'll come to like it.

EDIT: But let me add, feel free to post your opinions though. But be ready to accept that there might be a very good reason for the change and you might not like it. This goes for both sides. AND remember, the game isn't finished. If some change has a negative effect on the game then it can be always be changed. Just remember that a change based solely on public opinion that moves away from "authenticity" isn't likely to get much traction with Rocket.

Edited by slonlo
  • Like 1

Only because you said you didn't want me to, fudd ^_^

It makes no difference, seeing as how you can't seem to grasp a simple point.

- Chabowski out

Chabowski... Thank you for proving my point about your closed mind. lol... Reread what I wrote. I understand your view, allow your view, and my suggestion includes room for your view. Yours does not allow room for others views. Also, I understand Rocket can do whatever he wants to. He could add purple dinosaurs named barney if he wanted to or make it to where Chabowski always spawns in a pit full of zombies with no escape. But Rocket DID put up a suggestions section in this forum... and that is just what I'm doing. Suggesting. Perhaps it isn't me who has difficulty grasping a simple point?

slonlo's comment above is probably the most accurate (and not rude to others!):

"EDIT: But let me add, feel free to post your opinions though. But be ready to accept that there might be a very good reason for the change and you might not like it. This goes for both sides. AND remember, the game isn't finished. If some change has a negative effect on the game then it can be always be changed. Just remember that a change based solely on public opinion that moves away from "authenticity" isn't likely to get much traction with Rocket
Edited by Seddrik
  • Like 2

Debug should come back but only to tell you your humanity and other random stuff. Also I think we need a better hud so I can know when I am at 100% blood. Maybe its blue when I am at 100%?

• Like 1

Just remember that a change based solely on public opinion that moves away from "authenticity" isn't likely to get much traction with Rocket.
This is what I'm trying to say.

Maybe it's lost in translation, I'm not here to tell anyone their opinions aren't as valid as the next guys', just that Rocket had made his position on the matter pretty clear from day 1.

Don't go convincing yourself I'm closed minded, I just paid attention when the guy who's designing the game told us what he wants to achieve.

• Like 1

Dunno about turning the icon blue at 100% but at least that would tell you when you are there. I really disliked the speed up on hunger/thirst a few patches back. Used to you could eat and be "green" for a while. Now.. you eat and 10 seconds later its yellowish already. Just something dissatisfying about that... lol

Make it green for 100% and make the food/drink timer stay green longer. Just bugs me to see it turn so fast. Makes it feel like you can never accomplish anything, not even a few minutes of solid green stats.

Edited by Seddrik

Dunno about turning the icon blue at 100% but at least that would tell you when you are there. I really disliked the speed up on hunger/thirst a few patches back. Used to you could eat and be "green" for a while. Now.. you eat and 10 seconds later its yellowish already. Just something dissatisfying about that... lol

Make it green for 100% and make the food/drink timer stay green longer. Just bugs me to see it turn so fast. Makes it feel like you can never accomplish anything, not even a few minutes of solid green stats.

I think thats the point isn't it? You're not supposed to feel all warm and comfy in a zombie apocalypse. Do you just want it to be easy? Surely you carry a couple of cans of food with you? Thats plenty of time really. I barely take notice of my hunger until its red.

Debug should come back but only to tell you your humanity and other random stuff. Also I think we need a better hud so I can know when I am at 100% blood. Maybe its blue when I am at 100%?

Look at it this way, there is no such thing as 100% blood. If you cut your finger you don't panic because you don't know how much blood you have left. You're in trouble when there's an obvious colour loss in your vision.

Man I wish the debug had NEVER been there at all. Everyone fussing over exact numbers. The whole point is that you don't know.

Edited by Shadow Man

as an infected individual with a constant count of 6000 blood, i must say that this topic is to close to political debates, most people is determined that they should make their view right. a discussion should (in my opinion) be about finding the most right option, not making your option right.

Dean Hall can do whatever he wants, but i think this forum has a suggestion thingy for a reason.

What i would like to have is the option to have an ingame notepad, where i could leave small paper notes into some pile of empty tincans, saying something like "Pssst hey buddy, i allready looted the upstairs, no point for you to go there, P.S. I haz 53K zombie kills" -Chicago Ted-

Remember when game development wasn't a democracy? This is a free mod. Wipe that grin off your face and say thanks.

And then shut up and play.

• Like 1

Remember when game development wasn't a democracy? This is a free mod. Wipe that grin off your face and say thanks.

And then shut up and play.

sorry, i didn't realise they'd added a suggestions section for people to specifiacally NOT suggest things in.

crap sorry accidentally reposted

Edited by elf cakes
  • Like 1

gentlemen what we need is an E-peen calculator. Equation as follows:

Time spent in ghilley suit(Square of sniper rifle kills Divided by times you have died on this particular incarnation) Multiplied by Bambies killed, multiplied by square of zombie kills. Divided by blood left in your body = Your E-peen lenght in inches.

• Like 1

Ok. Because statistics and fun goes hand in hand.

Basically this. I say kill all the current skins, make custom ones.

Basically this. I say kill all the current skins, make custom ones.

It's already confirmed that your outfit will consist of multiple items. Headgear, shirts, pants, boots, jackets, vests, etc. Skins won't be making a return is my guess.

• Like 1