jake08@netikka.fi

Private Server - Player kicked off by Battleye: Client Not Responding

This is another attempt to solving a problem that seems to be hopeless.

I'm running a Dayz Private server on a virtual windows machine.

The Network is NAT'd.

I have ports including 2302-2305 forwarded to the LAN host.

I have updated DayZ files to 1.7.3 and BE .dll's to the latest, many many many times.

I have tried updating the Arma2 beta patch between the last three latest releases.

And my problem is, when the server starts, no one is able to join without being kicked by battleye for atleast 1-2 times.

In addition to this, battleye randomly swipes all the players off the server ( with the message: client not responding )

I'm in full control of the virtualserver and the host.

Are there some ports I need to open for battleye that are more or less 'hidden'.

Taking all sorts of advice, just need to get forward with this..

### EDIT

I forgot to include in the initial post that I'm suffering from the "Receiving missionfiles 0kb/0kb"-stuck

Every user on my server is suffering from that, until you press esc, and re-join.

Thats when you are able to join the server.

#### /EDIT

#### EDIT2

Further investigation done, apparently the first connection attempt from a client that is trying to join the server shows as the servers gateway address.

Battleye then kicks the client off the server for "Client not responding".

When the client re-attempts to join, the server will now see the clients real IP-address and everything works like a charm.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

as I said, I have the ports 2302-2305 forwarded from host to the NAT'd guest machine.

Theres no firewall.

#### /EDIT2

#### EDIT3

Deleted the server files, reinstalled a clean arma2 installation from steam, merged the folder, installed the dayz private hive files.

Now I got rid of the 0kb/0kb problem, but the battleye clientkicking remains...

#### /EDIT3

-R

Edited by jake08

The BE Server connects to the BE Master on port 2313 (TCP)

are you getting other errors in your RPT file? or just generic "client not responding"

Generally you dont need to open the port though because of the way battleye works. It gets the info for the client and then uses a random port to connect to the master.

Also, it depends on your host, data center, etc. A lot of VPS companies are basically just people who have bought a dedicated server (sometimes good, usually bad) and uses VMware virtualization to create several virtual machines and sell them for a profit. Sometimes it's even a PC running in one's home on their cable or DSL connection. One thing i would suggest is to check the connection. RDP on to your VPS and go to speedtest.net and run a speed test. Pay attention to ISP provider in bottom left corner. If it says a home ISP carrier, that could be a problem. Usually it will show a data center or large data company. You can research them and get other info. Then go to http://www.megapath.com/speedtestplus/ if you have jitter or packet loss, that's another problem.

From the BE Support site:

Client not responding: This can happen if the server's or your connection times out for quite a while or breaks up completely. A common solution is to update your modem/router's firmware. Other than that, please ensure that there are no problems with your internet connection (you might want to contact your ISP).

Edited by Argoz

One thing that I noticed (from the BE not responding kicks) is, when connecting to the server, I always wait a good 10-15 seconds AFTER I see the BE up to date message (in the lobby) before I actually attempt to join the game. That eliminated all BE client not responding kicks.

agreed with Bel, if you wait until your GUID prompts you are generally good on my server as well.

I forgot to include in the initial post that I'm suffering from the "Receiving missionfiles 0kb/0kb"-stuck

Every user on my server is suffering from that, until you press esc, and re-join.

Thats when you are able to join the server.

Also, it depends on your host, data center, etc. A lot of VPS companies are basically just people who have bought a dedicated server (sometimes good, usually bad) and uses VMware virtualization to create several virtual machines and sell them for a profit. Sometimes it's even a PC running in one's home on their cable or DSL connection. One thing i would suggest is to check the connection. RDP on to your VPS and go to speedtest.net and run a speed test. Pay attention to ISP provider in bottom left corner. If it says a home ISP carrier, that could be a problem. Usually it will show a data center or large data company. You can research them and get other info. Then go to http://www.megapath....stplus/ if you have jitter or packet loss, that's another problem.

How does this effect the gameserver software?

If the network is static with no interfearance, as mine is...