Quazoosl

Sniper Zeroing sheet

it should make a difference, its a difference if you aim at a person below you, then the drop is decreased, when aiming above yo, the drop of the bullet is increased, because you have diferent vertical and horizontal velocity portions

This is incorrect. Given the same angle from the horizontal, aim point correction is essentially equal for uphill and downhill shots. The velocity effects that you refer to occur but are offset by the opposing effect on the drag forces as the bullet travels through air of different density.

Both uphill and downhill should have the same correction btw. It's the horizontal distance that has the largest effect, and the drop isn't affected by aiming up or downhill. Or at least it shouldn't be. And perhaps this thing I'm working on might save you some bullets ;)

it should make a difference, its a difference if you aim at a person below you, then the drop is decreased, when aiming above yo, the drop of the bullet is increased, because you have diferent vertical and horizontal velocity portions

You are absolutely right, I forgot about that. I was only thinking about the horizontal bullet velocity. Anyway using the new formula I constructed these graphs for the AS50. They should be accurate for horizontal usage. Adding the angle in which the bullet is fired would only overcomplicate things I think. I still need more information and time to construct the graphs for the other rifles.

Well I never thought I'd admit being wrong when I was right. I must have been very very tired :P

Let me try and explain it clearly now: imagine you have 2 bullets and you stand on a flat plane, one bullet gets shot horizontally and the other one will be dropped from the same height at the exact same moment. They will both hit the ground at the same time assuming the bullet doesn't generate any lift, even taking air resistance into account. I'm quite certain that this is how it works since this is the exact example that I have been taught.

If you're interrested, the formula for the vertical travel (travel in the y axis) is sBy = sAy + vAy* tA-B + 1/2 * ac * t2

The case we are describing is 2 bullets both fired at the same angle from the horizontal plane, one gets shot uphill, the other downhill.

1 is the moment of firing, 2 is the end of the bullet path.

s = distance (height in this case)

v = velocity

t = time

ac = accelleration (9,81 m/s2)

The end height without drop would be: sBy = sAy + vAy* tA-B

The drop is 1/2 * ac * t2

Since the accelleration doesn't change and the time the bullet travels doesn't change the drop remains the same.

This is incorrect. Given the same angle from the horizontal, aim point correction is essentially equal for uphill and downhill shots. The velocity effects that you refer to occur but are offset by the opposing effect on the drag forces as the bullet travels through air of different density.

This would mean that aiming uphill would require you to shoot lower. I don't think the engine takes that into account.

Edited by Quazoosl

You should always get ranges sorted before trying to snipe down anyone.

It's not only faster but more practical as well and you can share valuable tactical knowledge on the fly for rest of your VOIP channel.

Edited by leettari
  • Like 2

You should always get ranges sorted before trying to snipe down anyone.

It's not only faster but more practical as well and you can share valuable tactical knowledge on the fly for rest of your VOIP channel.

*sigh* I'll just quote myself on this:

Well that's exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. In my example I was just relocated, the bandit spotted me at the same exact same moment I spotted him. As you might know shit usualy has the tendency to hit the fan before you had time to prepare for it.