sgtsnug

"signature check timed out" - Revamp

I've had this issue for a good week or two now and It's making my efforts to play DayZ poor at best.

When I connect to a server everything goes smoothly as you'd expect, but 1-5 minutes into the game I receive this message "You have been kicked from the server" and no further details. After getting a friend on the same server he confirmed he saw this message "Signature check timed out" when I disconnected.

What have I done already?

I un-installed ALL Arma 2 content from the PC including registry following a guide this forum linked me to. Then using another guide performed a full install from scratch, then using DayZ Commander installed DayZ and Patched to latest beta files.

I've reinstalled Battleye multiple times and confirm all files are up-to-date. I tried copying the checkfilelist from Arma 2 to Arma 2 OA folders.

I performed the cache check in steam and ran each game in succession whilst running as admin.

I've disabled all firewall software and created a DMZ on my BT Home Hub & opened the Arma 2 Ports.

Note: My Connection is reliable, Both Pingtest.net and Speedtest.net gives my connection an A grade.

Additional Information

I've tried dozens upon dozens of servers and only two I've found work at all, but they both fail to save my gear, return me to spawns each login, deny me access to vehicles, and occasionally even doors and loot.

Here are their addresses:

5.63.147.44:2512

173.193.48.173:2532

Hopefully something about these two servers can shed light as to why I can stay connected whilst I can't on others.

Edited by SgtSnug

What's your net like? I could only relate this problem to some sort of internet issue colliding with the use of the signature checks which run server side.

My only advice would be to browse the net :/

Sorry.

What's your net like? I could only relate this problem to some sort of internet issue colliding with the use of the signature checks which run server side.

My only advice would be to browse the net :/

Sorry.

My net is quite stable and not given me issues at all running games such as Planetside 2, I've tried so many things, and searched high and low hundreds of web pages related to this issue but no defined fix.

About the only thing I haven't tried that I've found is someone saying to switch NAT to Bridge, but I don't know the implications or methods of doing so, and dare not mess around with it less I know all risks if any involved.

Edited by SgtSnug

My net is quite stable and not given me issues at all running games such as Planetside 2, I've tried so many things, and searched high and low hundreds of web pages related to this issue but no defined fix.

About the only thing I haven't tried that I've found is someone saying to switch NAT to Bridge, but I don't know the implications or methods of doing so, and dare not mess around with it less I know all risks if any involved.

Is your NAT open?

Is your NAT open?

Even though it seems BT Home Hubs have an issue with NAT strict/open (an issue mostly interfering with MW3 it seems). I did and tried all the little solutions like disabling UPnP additional security, Disabling Firewall, making correct exceptions in AVG for game, but non of them worked.

Issue persists, most people who have fixed their game have found it to be a router/modem issue, thou It's confusing me considering Arma 2 works but DayZ doesn't...surely there isn't much difference in connectivity? or if there is doesn't this narrow things down? a difference between standard arma and dayz that we can look into?

New Discovery...

This is NOT DayZ Specific, I just tried a normal Arma 2 Game and received the same error...