hpmon

Turning up Gamma and HDR with Snipers?

So I hear people in my server talking about turning up their gamma and HDR quality so that they can use their AS50's during night. At first I began to think that changing these settings to enhance the night brightness scale in order too see without NVG's was cheating. However once snipers are thrown into it the story changes. They want to make DayZ realistic right? then why can't someone use the sniper of their choice whenever? The theory through my eyes is, if you have these NVG's on your head then why would your choice of sniper impair your sight through it, I mean the goggles are on your head so what stops you from looking through an AS50 or an SVD?

Although I am never going to do this the point still stands, the type of sniper should not matter, the AS50 is a rare gun and although it is a very powerful and deadly weapon in reality the NVG's would not only be usable in a DMR and if they want the game realistic then why not change?

But I am going off track now. I hope you see my point, the reality is the AS50 and other snipers can be used with NVG's, but not on this game. I can understand why people are going to play around with settings to be able to use their favorite sniper even though it does eliminate the chase for NVG's.

the AS50 is my constant example due to it's popularity among the DayZ snipers

I encourage you to post your opinion as well =)

the reality is the AS50 and other snipers can be used with NVG's, but not on this game

I'm not sure about that. In dayz we have sort of an/pvs-7 device with monocular optic, so i'm curios about ability to aim through sniper rifle scope, also don't forget about powerful recoil for m107, as50 and other. And my last argument: if it able to use nvg'a and usual scopes that why ANPVS and NSPU scopes exist?

Edited by run4way