Sign in to follow this  
Sula

I'm having mixed luck lately, what about you?

I've had some great times lately, found my first ever gps and two tents! I thought they'd disappeared from the game forever! But a couple of days ago I died in every hive I was playing too. That's just the way it goes sometimes, isn't it? :thumbsup:

So what happened to me lately is, a couple of times and just now - I was in the game when suddenly the screen goes black and then I'm back on my desktop but a stretched one - like it's not at the right resolution, so I only see a part of the screen - but I can still hear the game playing. When I alt-tab to my desktop it looks normal but when I try to go back into the game (which I can still hear just fine) I just see the stretched version of my desktop.

Annoyingly, it just happened while I was being chased by zeds, so I think I just died. :( Have you had this happen to you? I have to close down the game and start it back up again. I don't like not knowing why these things happen. I wonder if it's arma2 or dayz commander (which I notice has now stopped displaying who is playing on each server - annoying!) or something else.

So I better start up the game again and start my search for an axe yet again! I'd be intererested in hearing if you've had similar happen to you. But also, more generally, have you found anything lately that you hadn't seen in a while? I searched for animals for two days and then killed 2 cows, 3 pigs, 2 goats and a sheep! :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

Hmmm Ive never had that problem, at first i thought it might where it goes into windowed mode (I have to do this sometimes to get rid of the graphics bug/artefact things), but yeah I dont think it is that. To get the windowed mode thing you press escape alt enter (its fiddly as sometimes doesnt work and just sort of alt tabs you to desktop).

Also DayZ commander sometimes disconnects me from the internet, so I have it set to close once ArmA runs, maybe you could try that. And yeah, they fixed the names not showing up in todays update it seems thankfully.

And yeah, tents man, i used to find them all the time when they didnt work. Now that they do, Im trying to make little back up camps all over the map in case I die so I can just go to one of my camps and gear up (providing they havent been robbed xD hasnt happened yet, fingers crossed). But I am finding a lot of sniper rifles lately, and not at the airfield. Found a few CZs in barns, DMR, M24 in balota and the firestations.

Edited by Rooneye

I'm using win 7, and this USED to happen a LOT. but only when i actually ran arma 2 through steam, or launched it through DayZ Commander when it wasnt set to be ran as admin.

What are you launching it by?

Also, i just recently found my first weapon that had an underslung launcher. i was beginning to think they didnt exist myself. :D

EDIT: Seeing that you said you were launching it from DayZ Commander (My brain had a dumb) is it running as administrator? that helped me when i had this issue

Edited by Cryptic_Equinox