mickzta

Why you kill unarmed players

Always huh? Explain how this is possible when you are starting new on a private hive, or if you have just died.

You cant always pick and choose your weaponry bud. you take what you can get.

Currently you can get any weapon you want in a reasonable amount of time, of course I don't always have that, but I will trade any weapon for an M4 or M16, and most of the time I am wielding them as they are not hard to find(between balota tents/balota airfield/chern tents/firestations/stands on the coast).

personally I do what I call "pre-emptive Strike" meaning "shoot first, Ask later." Mainly because if you spend 2 mins to reason with someone he would've had enough time to kill you by then. I also think of survivors as walking supplies. At the end of the day i try to make friends but if I see a mutiny i will put a STANAG round in his/her's head.

I've personally killed two unarmed players. Both were after careful threat assessment.

First was on Namalsk, I was refueling a chopper at Tara when another player approached. I had a bandit sniper (terrible shot took 10+ at me in a field) encounter already so I was on edge thinking maybe he was pursuing me since I had talked shit on him in chat for being a lousy shot. The player approached the chopper got in, got out and then wound up coming to the shed I was hiding in. When he opened the door i took him down with my hatchet. He wound up having the last can of fuel I needed to take off. (I had already put 2 in)

The second time was night on Chernarus just east of cherno. I was waiting for a bus of bambis to come down the coast and give me a ride. (The goal was a huge friendly group to loot berenzino) I spotted a flashlight in a nearby barn. I addressed him in DC both in voice and text inquiring if he was friendly. He then ran outside and scanned with his flashlight. Spotting me he put it away, I couldn't tell if he was switching to a weapon so I dropped him. His nametag and body said 'rifleman" but he only had a hatchet. oops.

What was messed up in my opinion is earlier that day I had gotten a cz550, 1 mag and a revolver. I was camped up on the rocky cliff overlooking the road between elektro and cherno. My intent was to shoot any armed bandits I saw going between the towns in the legs so they had a long crawl before they could die. (I don't like bandits :P they grief me, so I'm gonna grief them)

Well I was laying there sighting my rifle in and then I hear a series of shots ring out almost right next to me. Down the hill about 20 ft I see another player with a cz shooting at a coastie. I snuck up and put two revolver rounds into his oblivious dome.

Two things about this encounter bug me. 1. his body sunk into the rocks and I couldn't get the ammo, and 2. I saved a coastie's life by killing this wannabe bandit. The problem was he hadn't killed the dude yet since he was a poor shot. So I wound up with a bandit skin.

personally I do what I call "pre-emptive Strike" meaning "shoot first, Ask later." I also think of survivors as walking supplies.

At the end of the day i try to make friends

Do i see a direct contradiction here?

• Like 1

I've personally killed two unarmed players. Both were after careful threat assessment.

First was on Namalsk, I was refueling a chopper at Tara when another player approached. I had a bandit sniper (terrible shot took 10+ at me in a field) encounter already so I was on edge thinking maybe he was pursuing me since I had talked shit on him in chat for being a lousy shot. The player approached the chopper got in, got out and then wound up coming to the shed I was hiding in. When he opened the door i took him down with my hatchet. He wound up having the last can of fuel I needed to take off. (I had already put 2 in)

The second time was night on Chernarus just east of cherno. I was waiting for a bus of bambis to come down the coast and give me a ride. (The goal was a huge friendly group to loot berenzino) I spotted a flashlight in a nearby barn. I addressed him in DC both in voice and text inquiring if he was friendly. He then ran outside and scanned with his flashlight. Spotting me he put it away, I couldn't tell if he was switching to a weapon so I dropped him. His nametag and body said 'rifleman" but he only had a hatchet. oops.

What was messed up in my opinion is earlier that day I had gotten a cz550, 1 mag and a revolver. I was camped up on the rocky cliff overlooking the road between elektro and cherno. My intent was to shoot any armed bandits I saw going between the towns in the legs so they had a long crawl before they could die. (I don't like bandits :P they grief me, so I'm gonna grief them)

Well I was laying there sighting my rifle in and then I hear a series of shots ring out almost right next to me. Down the hill about 20 ft I see another player with a cz shooting at a coastie. I snuck up and put two revolver rounds into his oblivious dome.

Two things about this encounter bug me. 1. his body sunk into the rocks and I couldn't get the ammo, and 2. I saved a coastie's life by killing this wannabe bandit. The problem was he hadn't killed the dude yet since he was a poor shot. So I wound up with a bandit skin.

>Carefull threat assessment

>shot one guy without knowing if it was the same dude that shot at you, if he was armed or what his intent was

>shot someone just because he put his Flashlight away and had a buggy nametag

I don't think you know what "Carefull Threat Assessment" means, bud.

Leave no survivors is really just the best thing to go by, you all put too much thought into this shit.

Leave no survivors is really just the best thing to go by, you all put too much thought into this shit.

You don't put enough thought into it, I completely disagree on that being the best thing to go by.

Only kill unarmed players for the lulz, let them struggle for about a whole 30 minutes break their legs and let the zombies eat the shit out of them.

Only kill unarmed players for the lulz, let them struggle for about a whole 30 minutes break their legs and let the zombies eat the shit out of them.

Hmm. Have you ever been repeatedly killed while being a newspawn? Im sure this would change your opinion, I joined a new private hive a few days ago to give it a whirl since it was full, and 4 deaths later off the coast with little kids laughing after displaying terrible aim i remembered what was so messed up about it. The only ones who do it are shitty IMO. also thats just what ive noticed.

Hmm. Have you ever been repeatedly killed while being a newspawn? Im sure this would change your opinion, I joined a new private hive a few days ago to give it a whirl since it was full, and 4 deaths later off the coast with little kids laughing after displaying terrible aim i remembered what was so messed up about it. The only ones who do it are shitty IMO. also thats just what ive noticed.

Remember this one fact:

"It's never fun to be the victim."

Remember this one fact:

"It's never fun to be the victim."

By doing this you are creating the victim. You should try doing something harder, like seeing what happens when you dont kill them. Killing fresh spawns is probably the easiest way to handle them.

one of those deaths i had that day was pretty funny for me actually. I ran into a house in cherno as a freshy. been alive maybe 30 seconds, and only had a bandage. upon running in i see two guys with snipers on their backs and their secondaries out. I dont start blasting FRIENDLY FRIENDLY, i just casually say " whats up fellas, hows today going for you?" the guy with the makarov then shoots at me, connecting maybe 3 out of the whole mag. This obviously does hardly anything and made his friend tell him to stop shooting at me. Now i am saying "why are you shooting? now people know youre here. im not a threat bud. I then bandage successfully which is answered with more makarov rounds blasting towards me. this time 3 mags in i still have 7k blood and am not bleeding. on his 4th mag he finally breaks my legs and the whole time im trying to reason with the guy about how irrationally stupid this is. I then crawl out of the building while both of them start unloading the rest of their secondaries at me FINALLY killing me once the other guy spent two PDW mags around my body.

Things like that have no justification and are the main reason why i think people who blatently kill fresh spawns dont see the bigger picture.

• Like 3

Things like that have no justification and are the main reason why i think people who blatently kill fresh spawns dont see the bigger picture.

SoTrue.gif

Have my beans, good sir.

I kill everyone that isn't in a TS with me. No quarter given, none expected. Sometimes, I might catch and release, but that is very rare. I'll list the reasons for why I do these dastardly deeds.

1. It is good fun. No matter how you turn this around, it is a special feeling, putting down a player, no matter if he is armed or not. Especially if it turns into a vengeance thing. If I get shot, its no biggie for me. And if its someone that -I've- murdered that kills me, I know that player is just swimming in endorphines from getting his revenge on me.

2. For the loot. Players carry tons of nice stuff. It can be food, ammo or other goodies. I've never seen something on a player not worth taking. They collect the stuff, I kill them and dont have to run around all over the place.

3. For safety. Yeah, sure, you said you were friendly. I used to respect that back when I started. I used to be nice and lower my weapon and be helpful. But people lie. Back then I usually got shot and looted by faux friendlies. And now it just makes sense to shoot first, shoot a bit more and then maybe say "oops sorry".

And even unarmed players count here. You let an unarmed "bambi" go, 8/10 times, he'll go get a weapon and return, trying to ambush you.

Furthermore, "Bambis" (I hate that term) tend to attract zombies like a mofo. I've seen players run through elektro screaming friendly with 20+ zeds behind them, leading them to other players who are trying to get their loot on.

4. I dont want competition. There are only so much loot to go around, and more players means less loot for me and my crew.

5. Teaching. This game is unforgiving. If you run around out in the open, carrying nothing, all alone, you are making a mistake. I like to think that by being this bad guy that I am, I actually help teach the people to be more cautious, both around cities and around players.

That said, I never pose as friendly. I never ever call myself anything but a bandit, and I am friendly and helpful in sidechannels (where they are still active). If someone has a question, I try to help best I can. Just because my playing style is mean doesnt make me as a person mean.

Edited by Deviant82
  • Like 1

Hmm this thread kind of scares me a bit.

Does cooperation and/or friendship have any place in this game?

>cooperation

>friendship

This isn't MLP:FIM kiddo, this is the Bandit Campfire.

>cooperation

>friendship

This isn't MLP:FIM kiddo, this is the Bandit Campfire.

I don't watch MLP.

Also the game was introduced to me as a zombie apocolypse simulator. Ever hear of the prisoner's dillema? I was hoping more people would make use of the tit for tat strategy. Rather than being "forever defector."

I feel like altruism would have its place. Though maybe this game lacks certain things to make it viable. Does it have a friends list or a way to trade supplies?

Edited by CornBurrito

I don't watch MLP.

Also the game was introduced to me as a zombie apocolypse simulator. Ever hear of the prisoner's dillema? I was hoping more people would make use of the tit for tat strategy. Rather than being "forever defector."

I feel like altruism would have its place. Though maybe this game lacks certain things to make it viable. Does it have a friends list or a way to trade supplies?

You get me wrong, the MLP thing was meant as a Metaphor. You're just in the wrong part of the forum. You should go check the "Survivors HQ" there you'll find the "nice" people. This here, is a place for people who kill to get their loot, which, in a real Zombie Apocalypse also would happen, it's just the way humans work. This game gives you the choice of minding your own business, trying to survive through scavenging or teaming up with other people to increase chances, but it also gives you the choice to be a bandit. To kill on sight, to rob people of their weapons without killing them. To do pretty much whatever appeals the most to you. There are Bandits with strategy, just this strategy involves killing other survivors to survive. Not every bandit actually kills every survivor they see though, me for an example, i do not harm fresh spawns or underequipped survivors, since they have nothing i desire and are no threat to me. What happens after my fair warning, is up to them. But if i see another player, bandit or survivor or even hero, that has something that spikes my interest or appears to be a real threat to me, I'll put a bullet in his head and take what i need. No warnings, no questions, just a few bullets.

• Like 2

Neat. I'll check out the Survivor's HQ. I had no idea this was the Bandit side of the forum. :)

Oh and no doubt that bandits would exist in a real life scenario. Though so would some level of cooperation which is why I was asking if it was even remotely viable.

Neat. I'll check out the Survivor's HQ. I had no idea this was the Bandit side of the forum. :)

Oh and no doubt that bandits would exist in a real life scenario. Though so would some level of cooperation which is why I was asking if it was even remotely viable.

How... This thing is called BANDIT Campfire... how could you not have noticed?

and sure is cooperation viable, but there'll come a day when you trust the wrong person and after playing maybe a few hours with them, they'll backstab you for your beans.

Let me give you some last bit of advice: keep to the small towns along the coast untill you get the hang of things. Only enter Chernogorsk or Elektrozavodsk if you really have to or with some better weapons and if you do, keep your head down and refrain from firing your weapon. Always check the Rooftops and Hills in those 2 towns, or it might be me that punches you a new orifice ;)

How... This thing is called BANDIT Campfire... how could you not have noticed?

I clicked DayZ general and then just saw the thread title in the sidebar without realizing that the General discussion forum was split into several subforums.

I was killing for food the other day @ Namalsk - My guy was literally starving to death.

NONE OF THE DEAD HAD FOOD!

Arg!

I was killing for food the other day @ Namalsk - My guy was literally starving to death.

Arg!

If this game is going for realism shouldn't you be able to eat the dead?

I shoot any bandit skin on sight unless they are a fresh spawn in the open. A heavily armed bandit in the city get's his legs broken from a distance and is eaten alive.

Arg!

I know your pain :(