Sign in to follow this  
optionism

Namalsk problems

I fully installed the map, have all the files, yet it refuses to let me play on namalsk servers. What is possibly wrong?

Forgot to add that after my steam was messed up I reinstalled it and Arma 2 and AO, now I can't run them as CO even after I purchased them as Combined operations, and manually started them both. No idea what's goin on.

Edited by Optionism

What error are you getting? That kind of specific bit of information is helpful.

First of all, when I start OA, I get a message saying "Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack"

I had fully installed the map and about to play until another message pops up ingame saying namalsk.sound missing, then when trying to join dayz server, it said that I had deleted.namalsk, and missing a couple of other files. On top of all this, now my OA crashes upon starting

Did you disable your @DayZ install in the "expansions" section of the ARMA II menu?

It wouldn't matter I can't undo it, my AO crashes everytime I try to load it up. Everything messed up my arma just because I wanted to play namalsk on dayz, didn't know it would ruin my game

It didn't ruin it. You did something incorrect and now you're in a bad spot. Did you use DayZ commander to install it?

At first I downloaded it off the website, then I tried it and then I removed it and tried commander, same results

After completely removing it, ensure that your DayZ commander doesn't have start up parameters enabled in the settings tab. Once you get the vanilla servers working again, then try to install Namalsk.

Edited by -SDZ- Lobo

It's not. Everytime I start commander it tells me that I do not have CO or have manually started both of them, and if I would like to buy CO. I already bought CO, but when I reinstalled arma 2 and OA, it doesn't give me the option to run Arma 2: CO

In the end, I think I am just going to have to let namalsk go. It isn't a large install, its below 1000mb, only takes me like 30 minutes. But I wonder why this map will not work.

OK.. i'll just add my Namalsk woes in this existing thread, hopefully someone can help me!!

the problem is this.. I get the same shitty performance in Namalsk that I used to get in DayZ until I started using a Ramdisk. So I assumed that a solution would be to add both the @namalsk + @ DayZ_Namalsk folders to my ram drive.

Thing is though I really don't think that the game is using the ramdisk. i've added the following to the "additional launch parameters" -mod=D:\@namalsk -mod=D:\@DayZ_namalsk "D" being my Ramdisk, However even if I change the additional launch parameters to -mod=Z:\@namalsk -mod=Z:\@DayZ_namalsk "Z" being a nonexistant drive, the game loads and playes the same as with the correct additional Launch parameters.. any help would be greatly appreciated..