Omaran

1.7.3 and still no chopper?

I have had a public hive server running for 2 months now, and the chopper never spawned (I saw other server owners reporting the same).

I checked every day in the armaoaserver.RPT file, searched for 'streaming' and saw the vehicles that spawned, but not once did I see the helicopter.

I still don't see it since upgrading to 1.7.3 (hive 0.8.0.0), although I do see in the HiveExt.log:

2012-11-03 07:03:40 : [information] Result: ["OBJ","5193784","UH1H_DZ","0",[147,[13301.4,3238.12,-0.035]],[[[],[]],[["ItemSodaCoke"],[5]],[[],[]]],[["glass1",1],["glass2",1],["glass3",1],["glass4",1],["glass5",1],["NEtrup",1.2],["motor",1],["elektronika",1],["mala vrtule",1],["velka vrtule",1],["munice",1.071],["sklo predni P",1.048],["sklo predni L",1.118],["glass6",1.04]],0.001,1.0]

^^ Is this telling me the UH1 has spawned?

Those are the coordinates for the spawn point on Skalisty Island.

Go check it.

Those are the coordinates for the spawn point on Skalisty Island.

Go check it.

One of my clan mates did, he said there was no chopper on skalisty :(

Yes and here are the coordenates: 13301.4,3238.12,-0.035

Which translates to?...

I've had the opposite problem, I had a heli that respawned on that island every server reset

Which translates to?...

Well, here's what I've learned about coords:

[147,[13301.4,3238.12,-0.035]]

147 = The direction it's facing in degrees

13301.4/100 =133.01 (East/West)

3238.12 is the tricky one as North/South is reversed in the game engine.

It's not perfect but if you plug that number into this equation:

152-(3238.12/100)

It gives you 119.62 (North/South)

Finally, and I think this is the issue I didn't notice before,

-0.035 should be the elevation.

Giving you the final, DayZDB equivalent of 133/119 but I think your chopper is spawning under the island.

However, as that equation isn't perfect, I'd check this whole area in case it slid down the front or back hill:

USgdk.png

I've used that method to track scrtipters, their gear, their tents and their shitty ass vehicles without a problem.

Edited by RS-Dolph

I could be wrong but i think the last number 1.0 is saying it is completely destroyed. If that's true it may not be spawning it because of it. I know it is true on my private hive. It is defiantly Skalisty Island in the coordinates.

The chopper has now spawned, not sure where, but it has been seen flying about - it is now also in the RPT file.

2 months on 1.7.2.6 with no chopper, a few days on 1.7.3 and it's all good :)

having the same problem with only 1 chopper,we found him on the island there but it was almost fully destroyed so we decided to find all the parts needed to repair it.when we found all the required parts we found out there was no chopper(server log says there is one).Anyways why there is only 1 chopper? where did other choppers gone?and one more..is there is a way to respawn all vehicles to their default position or add more vehicles/move them?official hive,yes.