Sign in to follow this  
team_player

Update me and my brain

Well I've just come back to DayZ after about a month of and was wondering what's going on whats changed whats better whats worse? Last time I played it was just f*^(%&* crazy hacker wise. So and update would be nice before I play thanks :)

That's so crap, like having to stay on 1 server constantly and having to get passwords and whitelists. Far out life used to be simpler. Why can't they just stop being lazy and put an end to these script kiddies.

• Like 1

We could, but then we would have to change the whole Arma2 engine just for a mod.

Alot of people do still play Arma2 / OA with other mods that are not DayZ.

This is why we can expect the Standalone version of DayZ within a couple of months which will address all the serious issues :)

Edited by 4L4N
  • Like 1

So long as this mod works via client side content hacking will never and cannot be stoped, so i ask this will Standalone be client side or server side?.

If standalone is client side you will have all the same problems more in fact due to it being bigger so these "script kiddies" will have more of an incentive to hack.

If standalone is server side you will still have a hacker problem sometimes even more seriously, DDOS attacks will happen, accounts will be hacked....one thing will always be certain...you can never stop a hacker....just slow them down.

So long as this mod works via client side content hacking will never and cannot be stoped, so i ask this will Standalone be client side or server side?.

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/34430567933/whatever-you-say-it-is-it-isnt

tl;dr

DayZ standalone will be based on a client-server architecture (more like an MMO), not the current ArmA2 architecture.

First line is great, I'm not content with reading all of that but the next question is, who's in charge of online security.

VAC is crap.

Punkbuster crap.

Only 2 major one's iv dealt with all experiences show they don't work (not that many do)

First line is great, I'm not content with reading all of that but the next question is, who's in charge of online security.

VAC is crap.

Punkbuster crap.

Only 2 major one's iv dealt with all experiences show they don't work (not that many do)

Nothing can stop cheating with 100% success. Naive to think you can.

I can see your not the brightest one of the bunch...I'm the one here saying you can't stop cheating, you saying i can't stop it makes no sense.

Calling someone stupid, yet not being able to write the sentence properly eh. Well done there.

You didn't say you can't stop cheating, you may have thought you were trying to. But you didn't. You simply stated two solutions were crap, and that some do work.

I don't understand you. Kind of did say cheating cannot be stoped "and cannot be stoped" but i could be wrong. "yet not being able to write the sentence properly eh" or...could be your inability to read and or understand a simple sentance...again could be wrong. And i didn't give solutions i stated one's that have been used and do not work and never said "some work",and none do work hence the above..."Cannot be stoped" line that you missed.

Umm Im gonna leave now before you kill me with stupidity.