Zombie Running speed

Zombies Slow or Fast  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Zombies will be slow or fast?

• Slow
    • Fast

Reupdated the thread again,

reread please.

Can't vote on this poll. Taking zombies as they are then splitting this core and complex part of gameplay into one or the other choice is helpful how? Well it's a place for conversation i guess...

Life cycle zombies is interesting but how this can work is yet to be seen, i'm skeptical it will happen.

For fast zombies: I would like to see players sprint a tiny bit fast than zombies (as they do now) but a heavier fatigue sets in so zombies catch up everytime. This would mean the only way to avoid aggo is stealth+avoidence then hiding+combat. No more circle straff/outrun zombies, sprinting with a full backpack generally makes you tired! Proper pathing, animations and consistent hit detection will help the fast zombies considerably.

Slow Zombies: 10x the amount or don't conisder them at all

But Rocket says he likes fast zombies so...

Edited by Trizzo

maybe, we will look.

I hope Rocket will read this thread, and understand what community wants.

maybe, we will look.

I hope Rocket will read this thread, and understand what community wants.

Right now the only way for zombies to hit you is if you stop. It doesn't matter if they were in front of you or coming from the sides. At least that has been my experience, not sure if I'm too lagged or what.

You know that scene where Robert Carlyle is running from the infected towards the boat? That's how fast I want DayZ infected to run, I want to be scared if I ever get into that situation, my heart beating and real fear from shaking badly. Zombies like warz ones don't offer a challenge so slow would be a bit dull.

I do like the infected gradually becoming slower unless they feed though, but I'm sure that's lots of extra code?

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 1

You know that scene where Robert Carlyle is running from the infected towards the boat? That's how fast I want DayZ infected to run, I want to be scared if I ever get into that situation, my heart beating and real fear from shaking badly. Zombies like warz ones don't offer a challenge so slow would be a bit dull.

I do like the infected gradually becoming slower unless they feed though, but I'm sure that's lots of extra code?

That scene! And what he did before that! That's how I think humans would behave. They would kill or let each other die to survive, not for the lulz and the trolling. Zombies should be way scarier than players.

Edited by shanewalsh

I'm sure it's well within the scope of Rockets' plan. He's definitely not taking the standalone lightly.

Added thought. I know people think the slow zombies would be totally useless, but I imagined they would be almost silent instead of screaming at you (they should be able to sneak up on players through cities/buildings/forests) and these would be the guys that would grab on to players and drag them down while the fast ones kick your teeth in.

They would also fill corridors while quietly shuffling, and before you notice anything wrong, you're trapped by about 20 of the fuckers! Then you'd HAVE to kill them to escape. (headshot only ;))

EDIT: Don't forget, we're going to have to worry about stamina and overall body condition in standalone (from what I've gleaned, this is high priority) so when you tire yourself out, it won't just be the "runners" that you have to worry about. :D

It'll be even more like 28 weeks later.

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 1

Yeah, great, i will update the thread.

Considering your suggestions, update will be huge!

Check the Main Thread!