Sign in to follow this  
Sergen3

DayZ Stand Alone Zombie Hierarchy

A idea that i thought of was a Zombie Hierarchy were there is a camp that is run by zombies that have guns and there are different types like on the movie "Priest" (i know there are only vampires in this movie but work with me ok :) were people can group together and take out this camp for really good loot and other goods. After the camp is wiped out a new camps are set up in a random location were people have to find it and take it out for good loot also. With a Zombie Hierarchy it gives a new evil to the zombies so it would be harder to survive and then the zombies and not just a pain to deal with but now they will be a challenge to overcome. This also might force players to band together to take them out instead of just going for other players when there is not really a challenge left since the zombies now do not offer that.

Zombies with guns? A zombie camp? I think we may have different ideas as to what zombie is. Are you sure you are not thinking of terrorists?

You do NOT have my Beans! This would ruin the game.

Edited by The Khan

Do zombies have to be stupid? do they not think? are they just walking dead with no thought or ideas? i am not saying they all have guns but just a few in a very remote area people complain about not having stuff to do this would give them something to do.

Technically, they're humans who've been infected by a disease. So, they're not dead.

They've got the motor skills to climb ladders, lie down and crawl under objects, and sprint with coordination. So who knows? Give a gun to a zed and see what happens...

• Like 1

Agreed and if we think of them like a bee hive there would be the grunts and the higher up like the people that made the infection that might have made it in a way of them being the overmind for the whole operation but then when people go into citys they might need to take out the upper ones like the military ones to make the town safer

If this was added though I'd instantly turn straight to The War Z. (Probably not, but still.)

If I wanted to play against a structured force, I would just play ArmA. If you make zeds that intelligent, they are too human.

I think it would just give you more things to hunt instead of people and if you want stupid zombies then go to war z lol

I think it would just give you more things to hunt instead of people and if you want stupid zombies then go to war z lol

Actually The War Z is probably more like to implement this than DayZ, so maybe you should go there?

The whole point of having 'zombies/infected' is that they don't require a lot of AI programming and don't take up a lot of resources, so I'm pretty confident in saying they are meant to be dumb.

No. Priest was a horrible movie. 'Based on the graphic novel series' my ass.

Read Priest, the manga series. It's a terrific adventure into religion and revenge.

On to the OP's suggestion. These are not zombies, they are infected people. They have lost all but primal instinct to whatever virus they are afflicted with, and would not be capable, or have a need, of running a community.

It does not fit DayZ in the slightest. So a thousand times, no.